Just Bought

BoogieWoogie

Reaction score
Name is Royce, like the car i will never be able to afford... work in the haunt industry. Love computers, paintball, and my vehicle. live in Texas where its summer all year with the occasional flooding.

Just got me my first new car! Last vehicle was in my pops name, and well this one is new to me at least. Downsized from a full size truck to something more economical.

A 98 Accord LX

Got it super cheap from a friend, so of course there are problems. most of them cosmetic. but i do think i need to replace the transmission(feels like i slips gears, and revs high sometimes befor changing gears) and i wana check the alternator out, make sure that its the right amps or volts.

Just thought i would give a little intro about me and my new ride.
tips and pointers are always appreciated.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. With how old these cars are, obviously a lot has been discussed so the search feature is your friend. Sounds like the transmission is the first order of business!

BoogieWoogie

Reaction score
Thank you.
Im super excited to have this car.Im barley pushing 5'4 so this car makes is so much easier for me to work under the hood than my truck....
but yes the transmission is first. along with a couple cosmetic things like convert interior to LEDs, and get a new shifter so i dont have to use a pen for the shift button....

Accordx

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Transmissions definitely aren't the greatest with this generation of Accord (especially the autos) but the motor is pretty bulletproof for the most part if you're running it stock or with some minor bolt ons. It's usually difficult to find such a good database for an older car but this site has a ton of info if you use the search feature or the categories.

BoogieWoogie

Reaction score
Mine is an AUTO, and that exactly what i have gathered from what i read so far online. damn autos... id love a manual just lazy, and i always sit in traffic for way too long in my daily commute...

When i first got the car i was getting a little buyers remorse cause it was so old, i was scared i wasnt gonna be able to find much good info on the year. After this this forum tho totally restored my confidence, and im super excited to have her now.

Search has become my friend, i figured out roughly what LEDs i need to convert my interior and my HVAC to LED. Still have a couple issues with the climate indicator(green led ontop) and with my cluster, door signal thing. but ive been searching and keep getting close i think just no definite answer... YET!

Accordx

Reaction score
Ah I've got an auto as well, about 165k miles and the transmission slips and revs high between 2nd and 3rd. Been driving it like this since it fell into my hands about a year and a half ago and the transmission hasn't ate it yet. I just try to let off the gas a little before it shifts when the trans is still cold so the revs don't jump as much and it's smoother

Back