Frankensteins Official Thread

Accordx

Reaction score
Dang that's a good opportunity, I've always liked integras and the potential they have. As much as I love the CG I'd be considering this trade too. Looks like it comes with a couple of goodies too from that picture. Would be sad to see Frankenstein go though

capsidx

Reaction score
Honestly I think I’m going to keep Frankenstein. At least as far as the integra is concerned. The integra has overheating problems and the kid was telling me how he had so much fun putting it in reverse and then slamming it into gear to do burnouts. Honda’s are tough but not indestructible. Also to run my current setup in the dc chassis would require crazy cutting and trimming which I’m not willing to do. Not to mention I’ll need swap axles, shifter linkage etc. it won’t work with the f20b like the cg will. It’s not worth the 2000 plus dollars it would cost to make it work.

NSWDoc

Reaction score
Hell yeah brother!!!
Honestly I think I’m going to keep Frankenstein. At least as far as the integra is concerned. The integra has overheating problems and the kid was telling me how he had so much fun putting it in reverse and then slamming it into gear to do burnouts. Honda’s are tough but not indestructible. Also to run my current setup in the dc chassis would require crazy cutting and trimming which I’m not willing to do. Not to mention I’ll need swap axles, shifter linkage etc. it won’t work with the f20b like the cg will. It’s not worth the 2000 plus dollars it would cost to make it work.

capsidx

Reaction score
I’ll see what happens. I’m heading out there tomorrow to see how much it really needs. I’ve read B20s are great. If it needs a lot I won’t take it. Either that or he just may be desperate enough to kill me and take my car [emoji28]. AFAIK he really wants a reliable daily but with the overheating on the B20 and the timing being off a tooth he hasnt bothered to drive it or fix it.

I was told that if I was really worried about the head he had a freshly machined head that we could slap on. I’m bringing my feeler gauges and a straightedge to get a rough guesstimate on how good said head really is.

Frankenstein was a fun build for me and I learned a lot but I’m definitely looking to start another project. This hesitation issue has gotten to the point where I just done care anymore.

I have to drill the egr plugs out, clean the egr tube out and then recap it. Not a big deal but I’ll see if I can’t seafoam it first. Ill let you guys know what I find tomorrow on my visit/attempted robbery/analysis.

capsidx

Reaction score
After about 2 years of just sitting there I finally wired up the Toyota wing. Turns out it never worked because the negative connector came out of the harness inside the wing. Only thing left to do is clean up those holes I drilled a long time ago.
4d1554b634aff1a563dee3143ac9212e.jpg
ae7e38db3395cd729152ff4b0bd29a11.jpg
8a5ea9ba7f59b7d8ca426d380257e232.jpg
4b436bf6b98e7ad13e31449732b66e1a.jpg
b91f6923ba45016e10ade3b578e5ceb6.jpg
447b7394a86b15575c6d4d115cfa9319.jpg
2aa7b1a352fd0031976e9da7ec491ac1.jpg

capsidx

Reaction score
Thanks dude! Definitely adding some small touches at the moment. I recently cleaned out the gas panel, inside and out by the filler neck. Something that’s easily missed but so gross lol. I should have taken before and after. Trying to get everything cleaned up to the extreme but honestly it won’t matter since the car will be painted soon anyways. Definitely need to glue down the wing too but I need to clean out the egr ports first.

I’m going to see if seafoam makes a difference, otherwise I’ll have to drill out the caps in the runners and replace them. Not expensive by any means but time consuming af. I guess this is one of the joys of owning an older car. Not that I should complain considering your prelude is a lot older :lawl:

capsidx

Reaction score
Well fog lights finally lost their luster in my eyes and were removed. I plan on starting cosmetic mods before continuing with engine work. Future plans for performance are as follows:

Lightweight flywheel
More aggressive cams
adjustable cam gears
And well that’s about it.

I’ve realized now with new cars putting out like 300+ from the factory my car won’t be as fast comparatively to pretty much anything really. I’m just happy to have a really great motor that speaks volumes about Honda’s classic engineering and their less is more philosophy. In my mind 200 hp out of a stock n/a 2.0 is impressive for an engine of this age. However I do have a new plan and you guys will think I’m crazy.

I want to pick up a cg coupe and make a mini nsx. Put a j35 or 37 with the automatic and paddle shifters for a little more modern car and place the engine and trans in the rear. Lot of custom work but since I will never own an nsx I might as well build something as close to it as I can get. Sounds like a dumb idea but I think it would be cool.

Outlandish? Probably. Doable? Well it might take a few years to get the project done but I think it might be something I would like to at least attempt. If it doesn’t work out I’ll scrap the chassis since it will be junk and put the engine and trans into something else. Thoughts?

Accordx

Reaction score
The mini nsx idea sounds freakishly awesome. Just gotta promise me you'd use a coupe so you've even got the nsx styled tail lights haha. Paddle shifters that are actually efficient sound like a pain and a lot of trial and error but it would be sweet to see in a CG

Back