Philly mechanics are CROOKS!!!

nyknick1015

Reaction score
... they are worse than nypd!!

so my sister has to get her car inspected. its registered in PA under my cousins name cuz my cousin gave her the car till she is able to get a stable job and get on her feet so... This is a 99 Honda Civic sedan

Time to get inspected... FAIL... the CEL was on because of the cat which i changed, the inner tie rod needed to be changed and i some brake work. So with my time off from work i replaced all tire rod joints, inner and outer on both sides rotors, and pads, and the cat... car was running better than ever....

I wasnt able to go with my sister to get it reinspected so she went on her own. Saw a shop a little closer so she went there... $500+ to change the rear brakes, rotors and pads scored!!! I told my sister GET IN THE CAR AND GET THE **** OUT OF THERE!!!

THE CAR HAS DRUMS IN THE REAR!!!

ok so she goes to the shop that she got it reinspected before. they told her washer fluid low, one lug nut is missing, and battery tie down bolt is missing so they have to replace the whole thing... its gonna be 150 and the car wont pass unless u get it done!!! WTF

i was at work so i wasnt able to answer my phone when she called but my sister caved and paid em anyway and drove back to bklyn...

that is some crooked *** ****... BATTERY TIE DOWN MISSING SO WONT PASS INSPECTION!! WASHER FLUID!! my sister is a bit girly so shes kinda stupid but i wont ever let her go down there by her self again... they just made her look real dumb!!

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
I'm so glad we don't have Safety Inspections here....that $hit can get out of hand.

How much of the $150 was the Inspection Fee? or maybe that was in addition to the $150.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
you should drive down there with her sometime and let those dudes know whats up. Who knows they might refund you if you really ***** at them about how much they ripped her off.

juicebox00

Reaction score
the title should be changed to "almost all mechanics are crooks". i say almost because there are a few out there that earn an honest living do the right work and not taking advantage of car-tarded customers.

i'm sorry to hear that this happened to your sister.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i work upstate so i wasnt able to drive down with her since its the first week back to work... and plus i feel like my sister is a big girl now, shes not gonna have me around for ever... shes older than me, im just upset that they tried to make a fool of her and she fell for it

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the title should be changed to "almost all mechanics are crooks". i say almost because there are a few out there that earn an honest living do the right work and not taking advantage of car-tarded customers.

i'm sorry to hear that this happened to your sister.

lol seriously.

definitely sucks that she got taken advantage of, but thats just how **** goes.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd drive there and rip the mechanic, owner, whomever a new one for that ridiculous ****.

Back