tknightt Black MT Sedan

tknightt

Reaction score
I've been meaning to post pictures of my ride but have not gone around to do so. I think it's finally time a do this:

It's still a work in progress.

Base model
1998 Accord 4-door LX

Mods done so far:
EX Rear disc conversion
Front Acura TL redrilled rotors and calipers
Acura TL dash swap
Tinted windows
Halo headlights with HID beams
LED taillights
Refinished 17" wheels
Carbon wrapped Hood with hood struts
Double din Alpine head unit
10" Infinity subwoofer
JBL speakers

Mod in the works:
RSX front seat swap (just need to bolt them in)
H22A Type S engine swap (engine is fully rebuilt just need to bolt it in)
M2B2 LSD transmission
Full Magnaflow dual exhaust
Clutchmaster Stage 2 clutch with lightened flywheel
Megan racing header and downpipe
Megan racing full adjustable suspension
ABS delete

Later or not sure
50 shot NOS injection
Zenon full body kit

2014-05-11_19-57-42_706.jpg

2014-05-11_19-57-56_596.jpg

2014-05-11_19-58-10_550.jpg

2014-01-17_20-36-05_497.jpg

cmgreensr

Reaction score
My lx down here came without abs which is why I'm considering an ex, gets a bit hairy sometimes in the weather. Interested to see how much work is involved with the rsx seats though. I swapped mine for coupe seats which are better but the rsx seats are Purdy!

tknightt

Reaction score
My lx down here came without abs which is why I'm considering an ex, gets a bit hairy sometimes in the weather. Interested to see how much work is involved with the rsx seats though. I swapped mine for coupe seats which are better but the rsx seats are Purdy!

RSX seat swap is easy and hard at the same time. I'm lucky because I have all the required exquipment (Welder, grinder, drill press etc)

if you want the seats to sit properly here's what I did.

-Cut off the fixing points from the original accord seat (or get a set from a salvage yard so not to screw up good seats
-cut the fixing points off the RSX seats
-Reweld the Accord fixing point to the RSX rails: this is the hardest part, I was lucky enough to have an extra 6th that is destined for the scrap yard in which I could mount the seats and weld the brackets in place (burnt a hole in the carpet in a few places but I didn't care)
-All that's left is rewiring for the heated seat (if you need it)

I'd say it's a 4/10 if you have the tools (especially the welder)

It's going to be a 9/10 if you don't have a welder (or easy access to one)

But I agree, the RSX seats hug you in a warm embrace :)

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Don't know if you have taken any pics along the way but it may be DIY worthy. I have access to the tools but the seats in decent shape are hard to come by around here. People think they are worth a pot of gold.

Keep up the good work man!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Was wondering when you were going to make a ride thread, car is coming along. Interior looks great. What year TL are the calipers/rotors off of? If you had to redrill I assume 09-13?

Did you like the height the RSX seats sat at? I've heard some say they modified the rails because they sat too high for their liking. Of course we didn't get heated RSX seats here. :rolleyes:

Speaking of seats, still waiting on my tan CL-S seats, but they're coming.

Brad2274

Reaction score
was wondering where tl dash #4 was at :) looking good, you get a cls ebrake or cupholder yet? and how did you end up wiring the cluster and AC?

i did the same thing with my rsx seats except it was hard to get the rails to sit on the brackets, didnt wanna have them welded to a tiny edge on the brackets, so i welded a 1/8" thick steel plate over top front left and rear left bracket and also the other side, reeeallyy strong now.
what year and color rsx seats did you get?

tknightt

Reaction score
What year TL are the calipers/rotors off of? If you had to redrill I assume 09-13?

I took them of a 99 TL (same as the dash). I had to redrill them because they were 5x114 and I have 4x114 wheels. This is easier than I expected. The inner part on the 4x114 disc (the back) fits right over the front part of the 5x114. One stud location is exactly in the same spot if you line up the flat head hole (used to secure the discs to the hubs). Then using a press drill and a 1/2" drill I redrilled the 3 missing holes at 114: so basically I used the 4x114 disc as a template to drill the 5x114.

The rest just bolts up in the same places as long as you get the brackets with the callipers.

I'm looking at doing the same for the rear but with a set of 6gen V6 discs and callipers.

Did you like the height the RSX seats sat at?

With the modified brackets the seats are just as low as the stock seats, I will be installing them in the car this week for real so I'll let you know how's drivability.

was wondering where tl dash #4 was at :) looking good, you get a cls ebrake or cupholder yet? and how did you end up wiring the cluster and AC?

I modified the ebrake handle (slighly changed the angle) so it could fit in the current console opening. I hacked up the cup holder since I don't drink in my car anyways.

I used a dash harness I pulled from a 4cyl EX and rewired/repinned the instrument cluster and AC controls. The only think I haven't come around to do is install the utside air temp sensor.

i did the same thing with my rsx seats except it was hard to get the rails to sit on the brackets, didnt wanna have them welded to a tiny edge on the brackets, so i welded a 1/8" thick steel plate over top front left and rear left bracket and also the other side, reeeallyy strong now.
what year and color rsx seats did you get?

I have no clue what year the RSX were from, I got them for 100$ for both, the passenger seat was actually screwed to a plywood piece. Both had some missing brackets, that's why I reused the Accord rails brackets.

The passenger, rear, center bracket had to be shortened and I added a plate
The other ones were good (working from memory here)
Kinda of eager to get them installed and see if I keep them or not.

I'm also debating installing my Xenon body kit. Car looks good as is, it has a rich feel to it with the TL dash (with aftermarket woodgrain on the dash parts)

Last edited:
Back