newbie with DIY questions.. a lot of them..

Zynemisis

Reaction score
So I've been browsing this category for 7 days now, (since you can't post for the first week) and I'll say.. You'll are some pretty crafty s.o.b.'s. I'm pretty sure a bunch of my questions have already been answered, so feel free to post the link. I'll number my questions to make it easier to figure out which is being answered. Thanks in advance for your time.

And for side note.. I'm rocking the 02 value package. All factory besides 'new' used motor. Power nothing. Well, power steering. (small chuckles.)

1) If you buy aftermarket lowering springs, do they 'bolt on' to the factory struts or is there mod/fab work needed? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007L...pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&qid=1403068858&sr=8-6#

2) If I bought these lights, could I used them with hid bulbs and have the same effect as the mh1 retro? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004W...1_3?colid=329XDWBZSJ5F8&coliid=I1ZI9NM20RXJB3

3) Does anyone have a list of all the bulbs needed and how many of each, for a l.e.d. dash/climate control/ everything conversion? I.e. How many t 10, t 5, neowedge, etc...

4) Has anyone added a map light? Mine doesn't have one factory.

5) Can someone post a picture or link to the factory oil dipstick? Sounds nuts, but if the dipstick I have is stock, I'm running like 3 quarts high. So...

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Search to answer your first three questions. As for adding the map light, not sure if someone has done that but you would need add the wiring to power it. Hopefully someone with a 4cyl can post a pic of their oem oil dipstick for you.

Last edited:

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Answer to #5 should be easier than a pic. How much oil did you put in on your last oil change?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Lowering springs are bolt in, just check align after.

Headlights gen fit oem bubs, so go oem swap kit.

Zynemisis

Reaction score
I've searched for a while for the first three, but couldn't find enough info on them to have a definite answer. The led conversion DIYs have basic illumination on cluster and a few ideas for the rest. I was wondering if there is a complete list.

I figured I'd have to power the map, but I was wondering if there is certain ones that look oem, or close, but with more options or larger compartments.

The oil is still new, so I'm going to run it for about 1k and do a sea foam treatment. But I'm almost sure it's not the right dip.

Zynemisis

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast responses. I actually had like 9 questions, but found some answers after reading a bunch of the DIYs.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Map light can be done but waaaaaaay too much work. I don't even use my map light. Keep a flash light somewhere. All the answers for these are out there.

Varnell

Reaction score
Don't put lowering springs on OEM struts unless you want them to blow. My struts lasted less than six months on eibach sportlines.

I'll post a pic of my dip stick in a few minutes.:Jedi:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back