dashboard lights

huck44

Reaction score
Hello,

I currently own a 1998 Honda Accord LX V6. I am having issues with my dashboard lights. The Battery, Doors and Brake lights on the dashboard light up randomly while driving. I have done some research and people were saying it has to do with the alternator. However, I replaced my alternator in the Fall of 2013 along with my battery.

Help would be appreciated, Thanks!

FNCONE

Reaction score
Do you have aftermatket radio and amps? Check the voltage regulator on the alternator. Much easier to swap the alternator. But first make sure allllll you power connections are tight. I had a similar issue and when I got a new stronger alternator problem fixed. Then it started again and it was a loose connection. I was testing for issues and left the wire that goes from the alternator to fuse box loose at the fuse box. I tightened it down and all good.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I am not sure if it was a brand new alternator or not. There are no starting issues at all.

It's unlikely, but you could have gotten an alt that was on its way out if it wasn't new or lightly used. You could try testing it.

huck44

Reaction score
My car does have an aftermarket Pioneer radio/cdplayer. I do not have amps. How can I check my grounds? Where are they located?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Yes.

Craftsman are nice, I have 2, and a Fluke, and a wallyworld, and an avom...

Back