Mt. Vernon PD sucks - rant

MikeyMike

Reaction score
anyone of you who are friends with me on Facebook might of seen this..

Well i work at a BIG bodyshop. and we jam the streets with cars, astons, bentleys, ferraris, everything.. looks like the autoshow when u drive by.

well we always leave it passable but since we are such a big production shop we sometimes jam it for a few minutes.. Now neighbors on the street complain, cops come and ticket cars. usually give us a heads up when they are coming so we can move everything (we do a lot of work for the pd and the mayor himself) few days ago, a cop comes by and says they are coming later in the day, we clean up the street and do what they ask.. This time their sergeant comes. his breaks our balls.. tells us from here down we cant park on this side of the street.. thats 90% of the street. thats like 20-25 cars we have to find a new place for. we are like ok yes sir bla bla

we figure like the past, we will do it for a few days and then go back to doing us.

now yesterday we have 2, TWO cars... right infront of our gates. an aston martin we built for the car show and a bentley that was going back to the dealer ship. part of my job is to quality check cars, make sure everything was done, make sure no defects in the paint, everything works etc.

me and another kid walk away for 2 minutes we walk back outside and the sergeant is there ticketing both cars. Now everyone is like wtf, normally we have 30 cars out here, today we have 2 litterally RIGHT INFRONT OF THE SHOP and ur still breaking our balls... my boss tells me to get in the aston and move it. I do, i roll it forward 2 and a half feet. the cop stand right infront of the car, and tells me to put it back, and asks me for my license and the paperwork for the car.

me calmy ask "for what?" i get out, he asks for the paperwork again, i tell him i dont know, its a shop car. he asks for my license again, again i reply "for what?" then he tells me if he has to ask me again hes putting me in handcuffs. so i give him my license and he walks back to his car..

he comes back to me with 3 summons. 1 for operating an unregistered vehicle, 1 for operating an uninsured vehicle, 1 for operating an uninspected vehicle. i look at him like "really?, you do know i work for the shop that this car is currentley being fixed by?" hes like that doesnt concern me, the car has no tags.

i tell him the car belongs to the autosales portion of the shop, the VIN is registered to them, it doesnt need a reg, insurance, nor an inspection because it is driven with a dealer plate. he continues on sayin that doesnt concern him etc etc..

10 minutes later a tow truck shows up to tow the aston... now this is a 150,000 car with about another 50-60,000 of work put into it (its a db9 we turned into a db-s)

now theres going to be court because the mayor told us the last he heard of everything, everything was fine. no one was bothering us anymore. boss getting a lawyer etc. my manager is sittin there the whole time sayin things like "go figure out whose shootin and stabbing people in this city rather then come bust our balls about parking. (which is true)

i go to sign the summons to mail them in not guilty, i read through the info.. car is a Blue Aston Martin. he wrote Blue Bentley

technically it is thrown out right there because it is wrong info.

now everyone is like "o he wrote that purposly to let you off" and im like no he didnt, he was a prick who ****ed up while writing the bentley ticket at the same time, if he wanted to let me off he would of wrote just one not 3

those 3 summons if go through (which they deffinitly should not because i work for the shop, car belongs to the shop,and i moved it 2 feet infront of the shop) if they go through, my license is gone :boohoo: /-end rant

Last edited:

dadams

Reaction score
damn dude ..... anyone lawyer or not can clearly see tht the cop was in the wrong and you even have the mayor on ur side.....

KILLAWALK

Reaction score
Are u talking about the body shop around the corner from the wearhouse that was just built near first street??

acedomain

Reaction score
what a **** ..... good luck to you man ...i doubt it will go threw ...but prepare yourself with anything you can to help you out in court.

oh and next time you do work for the pd give them ****...be an a$$ just like they did to you.

Nismode

Reaction score
I need to pass by this shop of yours....do they have any openings? Lol.

But yea, that is some ridic ****...wow, assholes.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
Are u talking about the body shop around the corner from the wearhouse that was just built near first street??

if your referring to the garage/warehouse on south street ya

beach street, off of whiteplains road and 242nd. J&B Body Works

KILLAWALK

Reaction score
yeah thats what im talking about ...i drove pass there alot and yall do take up alot of the street but for the cops to be dicks about it now is how they are when there no action going on

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
if you lose your license, that's BS. although I don't see how that could happen.

However, it sounds like the owner of your shop needs to grow the hell up too. He's obviously making money in his business. If your shop isn't big enough to handle the business you do, you find more space to buy or lease. You don't clog up public spaces because you're too much a cheap *** to want to do things the right way. This whole thing sounds like it's the result of laziness. Find a secured parking garage nearby to park extra cars at. Buy space and build your own parking lot. Whatever. If you want to run a business, you are supposed to invest money back into the business if you want to grow it. Instead, it sounds like your shop is saying "**** everyone else" that needs to use the street because they don't think it should be their problem.

Now, someone is finally making it their problem. No sympathy for your shop from me. Doing work for the mayor shouldn't get you any kind of special privileges either, it's still a public street that other people/businesses need to be able to use.

As for your own personal tickets, like I already said, that's BS and I think if you hired a lawyer they would all be thrown out pretty easily or maybe a slap on the wrist. Your boss should get legal representation for you if it was part of your job duties imo.

Back