2000 lighting fuse

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Should be on the passenger side fuse panel, labeled "small lights" or " interior". Have a look in both, I know it's in there.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Should be a sticker on the backside of the panel telling you exactly what each fuse is.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
NightStriker said:
Thanks!! Did not even know there was a fuse box on the pass side

Any time! You have a total of three fuse boxes. One on the passenger side, one on the drivers side, and one under the hood. :D

dynasty

Reaction score
damn! this helped alot. i was installing my fog lights and somehow my fuse blew. my gauge, CC, and corner lights went completely off. i wired my fogs to the corner lights, is that bad?

Jeffro

Reaction score
As long as you have a relay that will draw power from the battery, you should be safe wiring it to just about anything you want. If you are drawing all the power for the lights from the corner lights, I could see some problems rising from that...

dynasty

Reaction score
is there any specific relay i need to buy? i never worked with relay before. only resistors for LEDs and fuses only. any photoshop diagram of how i should do the relay?

Jeffro

Reaction score
Just about any 12v relay would work. I think places like Wal-mart and Meijer still sell Fog light wiring kits with a relay already in the kit, or just go to Radio Shack and get one there (that's what I do.) Auto part stores also often sell them. I just checked a few that I have laying around, and they're all 40 amp, which should be more than enough for fog lights. I think that must be a standard too, because I can't find any other amperages, and I used to wire tons of crap on my car using relays, so I have always kept relays laying around.

Wiring them is pretty easy. You will either have 4 or 5 pins on the bottom, each labeled with a number... 30, 85, 87, 86, and sometimes 87a.

30 = 12v output (to fog lights in your case)
87 = 12v input (from battery... This supples the majority of the power)
86 = Acc input (In your case, you bumper/corner lights)
85 = Ground (As stated)

For your wiring, you would not need 87a. In fact, I can't remember the purpose of the 87a, and I can't remember the last time I used it. Either 4 or 5 pin relay will work for you, just don't use the center pin on the 5 pin. I will take a picture tomorrow if I have time, but wiring a relay is pretty basic if you follow the 4 #'s listed above. :D

Back