THE Suspension Review Thread

Waltizer

Reaction score
Brand & model: Function and Forms (F2s) Type 1 Coil overs.

Price paid and from where: $564 from StreetRays on Ebay

Pros: Height adjustable, you can pretty much tuck your tires inside your fenders. Not too stiff but stiffer than OEM (so you get an idea)

Cons: For some reason the front seems more bouncy than the back. Where the back coil overs are stiff as hell. Don't know if they cant be adjusted just yet lol.

Final verdict: Great pick up for someone who lives in a city where potholes mistreat tires as a pimp mistreat their b!tch (NYC)

cjsaccord

Reaction score
Brand & model: Koni Yellows shocks

Price paid and from where: 260$ used off craigslist with sprint springs:boink:

Pros: Damper adjustable and adjustable perches, signature bright yellow, good rebound on dips and pot holes, I never hit my control arms.

Cons: The person I got them from managed to get the damper adjustability knob stuck to stiff, which isn't a bad thing if your slammed like I am, but if I ever wanted to raise it back up for whatever reason.. I would still have a stiff ride.

Final verdict:
I love them and I will keep them for as long as I own a CG.
The koni yellows have a lifetime warranty and I understand why they offer it, Im slammed on the lowest perch and these things don't show any signs of ever going out anytime soon.
I would recommend these to anyone if they can get them used or for half price, since the MSRP on them cost just as much as some decent coils would.
The lowest I can get on these is 23front and 23.5rear and that's basically sitting on the bump stops. I just wish the rear perches would sit as low as the front perches to give the car a 23f and 23r drop, but they're not coils so I cant really complain lol.

Brand & model: 4cyl Sprint Springs

Price paid and from where: They came with the koni yellows for free

Pros: They drop my car low.

Cons: The person I got them from cut the front springs to get rid of the boat look plus im v6 on 4cyl springs so these springs ride like hell, every bump and dip is intensified and exaggerated
I have been wanting to replace them with some v6 eibach sportlines springs but I just dont think I would be able to get this exact drop with them.
Final verdict:
They offer just about the drop that coils offer and handles corners like a champ, but they do not offer the ride comfort along with it. since these springs were cut by the previous owner and are for a 4cyl I have no clue on how they would have performed and dropped the car if they were brand new on a 4cyl.
SAM_0675.jpg

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Brand & Model: Tein Street Advance Coilover Kits
Price Paid & From Where: $850.00+Shipping from Phantasmusa[.]com
Pros: 16-way adjustable damping force. Very comfortable ride feeling at the softest setting (very close to stock ride feeling). No clinking or any kind of noise issues.
Cons: Not EDFC compatible.
Final Verdict: Very durable and reasonable product (a named JDM brand being less than $1000). It won't slam your car (leaving a thin finger gap at the lowest setting), but it's very neutral in a corner, and fun to drive as a daily.

Brand & Model: Wicked Tuning Spec3 Rear Camber Arm Kit
Price Paid & From Where: $79.99 + Shipping from Amazon[.]com (Promotoring)
Pros: Great adjust range -2.00 ~ +4.00. Manufacture's specially formulated design and bushings make them look beefy & durable. No wearing damage after 1 year of usage so far. Choice of red, blue, or silver.
Cons: Color being blue. (Wanted to get silver, but had no choice @ that time.)
Final Verdict: I'd stick with them. Their bushings seem to be more durable than Ingalls.

Last edited:

accordftw

Reaction score
Brand & model: Function and Form type 1

Price paid and from where: 530$ from robear racing

Pros: Much stiffer ride and the ability to go as low as you want is cool. The adjustable ride height is awesome.

Cons: If you live somewhere with bad roads they could get pretty annoying because of the stiffness.

Final verdict: Definitely well worth the money great design and well made coilovers.

gt58

Reaction score
Brand & model: Eibach 23mm Rear Sway Bar

Price paid and from where: $137.74 shipped from Vivid Racing. used coupon code "welcome"

Pros: Take turns at much higher speeds and feel "planted"

Cons: Better handling makes me wanna take turns really fast and I bet I'm going to go through tires much faster haha

Final verdict: Honestly this was the best 140 I have ever spent. Seriously worth every penny. Skip the strut bars and all that. Do this first and I promise you will love it.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/eibach-23mm-rear-sway-bar-kit-honda-accord-all-9802-p-146819.html

732xghost

Reaction score
Tanabe Pro S-OC Coilovers
Brand & model: 2002 Honda Accord EX-L 5spd
Price paid and from where: $775 shipped (B2 Auto Designs)
Pros: Price, Tanabe's reputation, the spring rates came 8-4K which were perfect for me
Cons: I dont have any as of yet. The only con i can for see is if i decide on a set of 17" wheels that they may not go low enough. These coilovers aren't for those who want to look "slammed" or "broken"
Final verdict: So far I am very happy with the appearence, quality, and ride height. I was very happy about the price. Tanabe's reputatino and the price made it a no brainer for me.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Brand & model: Tein Super Street Coilovers

Price paid and from where: $410 shipped, bought on here :hihi:

Pros: Adjustable dampening, lower ride height, and more comfort in the ride

Cons: You have to re-use your top hats, which involves the dangers that lie with spring compressors

Final verdict: I love them, couldn't beat the price. Plus my stock suspension
was blown, so they needed replacing

CaliCG6

Reaction score
Brand and Model=Megan EZ Streets
Price paid and Where from=$650 and from private vendor
Pros:Love'm! Could slam frame to the ground and its really comfortable with dampening adjustment half way on city limits.
Cons:None so far, so lets keep it that way.
Final Verdict:Sitting @ a 2.25" drop nd have plenty of thread to go lower.stiff yet comfortable for the city roads. Loves thEZe coilovers!

Siccsyde

Reaction score
Brand and Model=agx struts volgtland springs
Price paid and Where from=200 for struts off here used 200 for springs off ebay new
Pros:nice ride confortable on 2 front 5 rear and set at 2 front 6 rear all the time very different from stock setup
Cons: none really
Final Verdict:would recommend but not new probly have 30k on used struts 5k on springs

Struts still holding strong and still has very noticible difference in dampening changes

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Brand & model: Function Form Type Ones
Price paid and from where: Bought from a member on 6GA
Pros:Stiffer, lower and all around a great coilover
Cons: Bumpy roads tend to throw me around some now.
Final verdict: Worth every penny!

Back