Stuck Exhaust Manifold Bolts

teidullie

Reaction score
Hey fellas 2 quick questions for you i got a new header and as I was removing the old pos one i got some of the old exhaust manifold bolts stuck. 2 to be exact and one actualy broke off inside the head of the motor. My first question is does any body know of a way to get these out and then of course the one i broke off in the head. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pic of head
[img=http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4097/stuckboltinheadae7.th.jpg]

teidullie

Reaction score
yeah i got w240 on it right now as we speak sitting over night(been going back every hour on the hour spraying down the bolts) now for me the time is 3 something in the AM last spray will be around 4 and ill check back tomm thanks for the adv

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
pb blaster and a breaker bar

i broke the far right stud on my current head and i never drilled it out or replaced it. no loss of power i see

teidullie

Reaction score
im not familiar with this pb plastic but i had to use a breaker bar only after 8 months which was when i replaced the stock exhaust manifold and broke the same exact bolt that you had the very far right one. where would i be able to find some of this stuff

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
im not familiar with this pb plastic but i had to use a breaker bar only after 8 months which was when i replaced the stock exhaust manifold and broke the same exact bolt that you had the very far right one. where would i be able to find some of this stuff

any auto store

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd hose it down with pb blaster, put a pair of vise grips on it as tight as I could and I'd use a cheater bar on the handle of the vise grips and wrench them out.

Back