Jdm F20b??.....need power, what to do?

CHID0

Reaction score
Still debating on whether to boost the f23 or swap. The h22 alternative seem a bit expensive and extensive.
Will the f20b drop right in? It's rated at 200hp, and it seems like it's basically a G with lower displacement and less headache.
How "boost friendly" is the f20? Just incase i decide to go for more power after...it just seems like a better base than the H and even the G.
Is there aftermarket support for this motor just incase i decide to go NA?
Thanks in advance for all help.....

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
CHID0 said:
Still debating on whether to boost the f23 or swap. The h22 alternative seem a bit expensive and extensive.
Will the f20b drop right in? It's rated at 200hp, and it seems like it's basically a G with lower displacement and less headache.
How "boost friendly" is the f20? Just incase i decide to go for more power after...it just seems like a better base than the H and even the G.

Its a destroked H22, drops in like an H22, H22 parts will fit besides the crank/pistons/rods. It has 11:1 compression so no boost. Not much low end Tq, more of a top end racing motor.

CHID0

Reaction score
damn....thanks for such a fast response...

CHID0

Reaction score
So boosting the f23 is probably my best bet?

CHID0

Reaction score
Boosting probably wouldn't supply low end but, I want about 250-300 whp not in a rush to get to these numbers. The car will be daily driven. Won't take it to the track.....just want power on tap for when i need it. Not sure about budget but in total I probably wanna keep it below 5k. I'd do most, if not all the installations....so 5k would be for parts only.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you 5spd? Boost would be your better option here. T28 or 16g turbo around 10psi max should put you where you want to be. Smaller turbo, quicker spool, should provide splenty of low end.

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
CHID0 said:

Thought about an F20B but didnt go through with it cause its really only a top end beast. Go with the smaller turbo, you should pick up good numbers with the quick spooling.

CHID0

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
Are you 5spd? Boost would be your better option here. T28 or 16g turbo around 10psi max should put you where you want to be. Smaller turbo, quicker spool, should provide splenty of low end.

This option sounds good....rockin a 4spd for now in the process of a 5spd conversion.

Back