need help with door asap

hiphop23j

Reaction score
today i closed my door locked it and left... when i went back to it and tried to open it it didn't open the locks unlocked regularly but when i pulled the handle the driver door didn't do anything...i went through the passenger side and went in the drive seat tried to open it from the inside it didn't open..my car is a coupe so no rear doors. when i lock or unlock it and try to open the door i listen to the door looks and the motor for that works but i kinda hear a jammed or weird noise whee the hinge is suppose to unlock..i tried to open the panel but i cant since the door is closed and im limited to access to the panel parts on the door...pls help me...thank you...

finch13

Reaction score
Can you still manually unlock them from the inside or outside?

If the keyless entry doesn't work and makes a grinding noise, you'll need a door lock actuator.

If manually unlocking and locking, and the handle don't work, you likely have a disconnected or broken linkage in the door.

Either way, the door panel has to come off so you can take a peek inside.

hiphop23j

Reaction score
yes i can unlock driver door with the key and itll unlock the passenger as well from the driver... i can unlock from the inside using the switch but the outside door handle and inside door handle will not open the door...itll lock unlock but the door stays shut...i was gonna take the panel off but since the door is close the access is limited i don't think i can take it off

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
Ok if you have verified that the lock is actually unlocking, and the door still won't open, then its more then likely the linkage on handles, its just weird that both the inside and outside handle wouldn't work. For some reason it seems like the lock actuator isn't working but you say it is, so I'm stumped.

hiphop23j

Reaction score
yeah i know that's crazy itll unlock form the key entrance and unlock from the control inside but both the handles wont open the door..this is crazy i never expected this to happen now i gotta crawl through the passenger side..is this easy to fix and i don't even know if i can take of the pane because the door is closed and i prob wont have full excess with out breaking the panel...omg

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
Can you remove the door handle from the inside, the inside one. If you can you might be able to peek inside to pop it open.

hiphop23j

Reaction score
i can remove the door handle.. i pulled it i looked at it. its still connected...but i cant see if its connected the the latch that open and closes...the handle out side feels like when its on lock and u have no pressure feeling on the door even when its in unlock position

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
Have you tried pulling the lock up by hand, is there a lock ummmm. . .nipple? Thing. I have a dx so manual locks for me, I'm not sure what yours has but I'm sure its the same.

Its weird that the latch mechanism would break. And you saying that the door handle on the outside seems like its locked. It seems as if the lock actuator isn't working. But I wouldnt be able to tell unless I had it in front of me.

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
Have you tried pulling the lock up by hand, is there a lock ummmm. . .nipple? Thing. I have a dx so manual locks for me, I'm not sure what yours has but I'm sure its the same.

Its weird that the latch mechanism would break. And you saying that the door handle on the outside seems like its locked. It seems as if the lock actuator isn't working. But I wouldnt be able to tell unless I had it in front of me.

Back