drivers door lock gets stuck when unlocking.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
This past week when im leaving from work,when I un-arm/unlock my car the drivers side door lock gets stuck.you can see it move a lil than stop..so i have to go around to my passenger side and open it through there.

Took my trim panel off yesterday to see if anything was snagging and it lock and unlocked a good 5times.

Is this sign of my door lock actuator? Or possibly the heat? It unlocks fine in the morning and when I went to lunch today at 12,but was stuck at 6when I left.

any ideas

finch13

Reaction score
Probably the actuator. When it will not lock, does it make a grinding noise?

The lock linkage is probably hanging on little plastic things... try using sprayable white lithium grease to free them up.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
^Im not sure Im outside of the car and cant get in when it sticks..ha But I can see from the window it pops up like 1/4 then stays..then I lock it back and it goes back down.but my passenger does motion up and down so I can get it that way.
Im just getting tired of it,and kinda embarrassing. Ill spray it down tmr,but it happens when it wants to..Not every time..so thats why im confused,and wont know that I fixed the problem right away.

finch13

Reaction score
Yeah, does the key still work? That will narrow it down between the actual lock/latch or the actuator.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
my locks rarely work the way they're supposed to, but the key works in both front doors. oh well :lawl: at least i can get in :lawl:

Erik123456789

Reaction score
the same thing happens to me with the drivers side door, when i hit the alarm button to unlock it, the lock only goes up a bit and when i pull on the handle to open the door the stupid thing goes down and it locks instantly lol.. its so annoying but I just use my key to manually unlock it. I've never tried doing anything about it though cus the lock still works most of the time.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
the lock/actuator comes as an assembly from honda. Im going to lube it up tomorrow and see..If not looks I gotta spend 50$ for it.Just think its weird it happens when it wants to and only started happening when iv been parked out in the 100 degree weather at work.ha But I knot heats not the issue..lol
:hide:

Back