How much do show/High performance cars sell for?

nyknick1015

Reaction score
I was askin the question over on another forum but didnt want to offend anyone but i am just curious. a car like a honda/acura or even subie, or what ever kind of car. It just bothers me that people ask for $20 grand on a 20year old car. And i know sometimes these cars sell but who buys them?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I guess it depends on the car, from the examples you gave, I haven't seen anyone do that, but I am certain it does happen.

More money than they know what to do with definately helps sales.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
also, depends on how rare the car and parts are.. nobody is going to pay $20k for a civic...

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Like Derek said, I think it depends on the car.

Say for example you have a guy selling a well put together 6GA that has about $30K into it as far as performance parts go, and then you have a guy selling a well put together mkIV Supra with $30k into it as far as performance goes.

In my opinion, the Supra is going to sell before the 6GA because there is a market for Supras. They are uncommon cars and twenty or so years from now, you're probably going to see these cars rolling across the auction block at Barrett Jackson. A modded 6GA? Not so much. This goes for pretty much all mass produced easily attainable cars.

An exception to the above may be special editions, and no I don't mean Accord SE's. I mean cars such as a first model year Evo VIII (first year in the US), first model year WRX, Evo VIII MR, First model year STi, SVT Focus with the euro package, Saleen Mustangs, 1G Impala SS, F Body Camaro SS (the white ones with the orange rally stripes), Nismo 350/370Z's. I think you get what I'm saying.

I think the above applies to the majority, but then there is always the minority, the fanboys like Roy said, that will overpay for something even though it's worth only a fraction of what they paid. Those people are idiots.

Drift

Reaction score
The customer that we built the red e30 m3 tried to sell it on EBAY for $130k.

Not surprisingly, he still owns it.

Cars are worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Normally, you wont get back any of the money you put into with aftermarket parts. So unless its a rare car that still has nostalgic demand, you're most like going to be losing thousands of dollars when you sell a car.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I will prove this to be true once I do my swap and sell the car to Chris for $30K.

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
Autofashion has 2 VIP GS300s for sale going for $30-38,000 each. Both are multi-show winners as well and kept in pristine condition. My friend has been trying to sell a Purple AE86 for like $9,000 as well. The R-Technique (Former Team Hybrid) Evo IX is still for sale, forgot how much he was asking for.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
well well i was searching the internet and i saw dre's friend selling is blue 02 RSX for $28k, I saw, a green 99 accord coupe show car going for 12k, and a 91 240sx and dude is asking 18k for it.

all just seems over priced to me. mite as well part out to see if you can get a fraction of that. I sold my car for 4k and got a little over 2k+ for the extra parts that i had

Back