plasti dip people chime in please-Updated pics

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Ok iv never used this stuff before..Im curious to see if i can spray this stuff over the black rubber thats around the chrome moldings on our cars or tape them up?

main reason im asking is my quarter glasses have old blue paint and faded black rubber around the chrome/edges and i wanted to just paint all of it..I read since its rubbery it will be fine..any input.

picture so show what i need/mean; just 1 spot to show
CIMG2905.jpg

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Re: plasti dip people chime in please

I know its durable on metal,ect..I wanted to know about on rubber..i sprayed my old chrome molding and the rubber part just rolled right off with my thumb..yes it stuck to the chrome very well,but not rubber. so im afraid when i wash the car itl roll right off the rubber around the glass now..(or i didnt give it long enough to dry before rubbing it.ha)
CIMG2909.jpg

CIMG2910.jpg

Millz

Reaction score

sorry i totally mis-read your post...

did you clean the rubber thoroughly before doing it? i assume you did

never seen it on rubber, but i think should be give it more time to cure

i never heard of it not working on rubber either

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

Hmm, instead of hitting the rubber with the plastidip, maybe try something like Back to Black, to take out the overspray or whatever is the issue with the rubber?

Think it works on plastics and rubber to restore to OEM-like finish. But only used the stuff myself once very quickly.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

thanks guys..as shown i went ahead and tried..tapped up my door rubber and sprayed just the chrome..but i sprayed the whole quarter glass..so well see not going to touch them until i have to put them on..ha

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

well i let them dry for a few hours then added another coat for full coverage last night..let them dry over night..They seem pretty soid..Im still going to be extra careful washing my car and windows. I did tape up the black rubber that sits ontop of the chrome for the door belt molding.
will have pictures once my glass and car is fully put back together.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
ok well guys,very disappointing but the all black out is a no go..my 1st major detail/wash most of it peeled right off the car..so staying chrome will be the easiest route.
sucks but had people say it looks better chrome to give a contrast from the black paint..
CIMG3024.jpg

CIMG3025.jpg

Back