Dome light LED, Did I do it wrong?

Boilerup15

Reaction score
Ok so I ordered LEDS from superbrightleds.com for my interior. Everything went in smooth except the dome light, it looks to long. The clips won't fit right onto the bulb. This is the bulb I ordered. 4210-xHP12-DI: 12 High Power LED Festoon Bulb-4210-CWHP12-DI: Cool White. Is this not the correct bulb? If it isn't what do I need? I think the one I ordered is 42x10mm, should I go to the 37x10mm?

Last edited:

Boilerup15

Reaction score
Thanks! That's what I thought, oh well just wasted $8.00 on a bulb I can't use. I now have another problem though, my dome light won't shut off unless I turn the switch to off. :ugh:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
lol, you dont need to unhook the battery when replacing bulbs.

the real question is did you try to squeeze in that longer bulb into the spot it doesnt fit? :lawl:

Boilerup15

Reaction score
lol, you dont need to unhook the battery when replacing bulbs.

the real question is did you try to squeeze in that longer bulb into the spot it doesnt fit? :lawl:

Yes I did, not real hard, but it might have been enough to screw something up.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
lol i do it anyways Andy. just want a peace of mind. :lawl:

:lawl:

Yes I did, not real hard, but it might have been enough to screw something up.

haha yeah, possibly. id take out the dome light unit and see if you can take it apart or anything to see if somethings bent or some ****. should be an easy fix though.​

Boilerup15

Reaction score

:lawl:

haha yeah, possibly. id take out the dome light unit and see if you can take it apart or anything to see if somethings bent or some ****. should be an easy fix though.​

I hope so, I think it was f'd up in the first place because after installing my headunit it wouldn't work, then one day it just started working again, and then I tried to change the LED out and it just stays on now. :eekwtf:

Kaskiat

Reaction score
I ordered my lights from super bright led and I ordered that exact same light. I just took a dremel to the clips and took off a little bit from each side. It works though .

Back