What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I just got my first car, a 1998 accord v6 ex coupe. I'm 17 and I really wanted a srt-4 because I got busted racing my moms m6 ;). I saw this for sale and hopped on it for 3k. It has never been in an accident and only has 90k miles so i figured it was a good deal. It is just slow though, thinking that its a v6 and has 200hp you would think its fast. So what should I do performance wise to it. I only have $1500 to work with.

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
Do a 6spd swap to wake up that motor. That auto tranny is robbing about 40% of your power.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Do a 6spd swap to wake up that motor. That auto tranny is robbing about 40% of your power.

what kind of tranny am i looking for like one out of a cl? what year? Ill start checking the junk yard and how much will that cost you think for a mechanic to do?

Last edited:

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
what if i wanted to stick with the auto until i have the funds to do a tranny swap. what bolt ons can I do or is the manual really going to wake up the engine that much?

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
what if i wanted to stick with the auto until i have the funds to do a tranny swap. what bolt ons can I do or is the manual really going to wake up the engine that much?

The manual tranny will free up a lot of power. You get more WHP with just the tranny. If i were you i would do the j32/j35 swap also after that. With that money to spend and the time in between to save up, you'll have enough money.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
not that you should be street racing, but short ram or cold air intake, headers, full exhaust (single instead of the dual) cl-s cams etc etc. and the tranny swap can cost upwards of around 3k or so

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
does any member have a list of upgrades that they have done to the stock engine. Id rather not do an engine swap. I was looking at the DC 3-1 ceramic headers, DC CAI5528 (cold air intake), A'PEXi WS II Exhaust System (Dual Tip Outlet). what else do you think? how much of a boost will i get out of that with stock autotranny and with a manual tranny.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
with auto, none, barely any if anything
with manual, probably about the same, but with a 6 speed you'll have plenty. our cars are slow (stock, see: 6 speed swap) and the only way to make them faster is an engine swap or boost, or both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back