SilverStar Ultra or SilverStar zXe? Need your help guys...

noelaorozco

Reaction score
hey guys i need your help picking out new low beams for my car, couldnt find any other place to make this thread so i though this would be the best. And yes i did search but the only thing that popped up was HID's or projectors for you retrofitters. Im not looking to buy HID's, dont really want that attention right now so ive been looking at the SilverStar Ultra and the SilverStar zXe not sure which ones to go which thouigh. I want way brighter and more visibility than the ones i have (stock) but not sure which one would be best. Or if you guys know of any other brands out there that are good as well feel free to share, if you have pics that would work better. Oh and im not really looking for any blueish tint in the light, if anything a very light blue but i prefer oure bright white, thanks!

mo.v6accord

Reaction score
I have silverstar ZXE. They have 0 blue tint, they are super bright white as well. Great output. I love them. Definitely worth the extra price.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Silverstars are overpriced imo. Once on a whim I tried some Philips CrystalVision Ultra's, I was surprised at the output. They were whiter and brighter than the Silverstars, and a helluva lot cheaper. In hindsight I can't believe they were under $30, at at Meijer no less. :lawl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I wasn't expecting a lot tbh, but they surprised me. Had a much better experience with those than the Silverstars, personally.

noelaorozco

Reaction score
well at this point im kinda slashing out the Silverstars but not sure what else is out there, like other brands that will give good output.
Im guessing youre still running your retrofits right?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yep. I've never tried PIAA or Hella for low beams, but I have PIAA H3's in my fogs and I do love them. Just google 9006 and look around, you'll get a feel for what's real.

Back