Car stalling and now has a whine

natedog_37

Reaction score
Ok had the shop fix the AC compress, do the timming belt, water pump, etc etc.

From the get go every now and then she wanted to stall out.

Only when in D at a stop.

In Park she is fine.

Need to do spark plugs, cap rotor etc still but is there anything more I should check.

Car has 235,000+ on her runs fine once up to speed.

Also since all the belts where changed, it has a strange whine to it. Could the belts be to tight?:henry:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Check the trans fluid.

Also make sure the intake manifold is clean.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Oh, and the noise. Start it, listen, hear it? Kill it, pull the belts, start it, hear it?

Kill, put on one, start, listen....ect...

So which makes the noise?

Last edited:

rooky

Reaction score
HMM, The whining could be from a untight tensioner or belt. As for the stalling that's kinda weird but check your tranny fluid as xci.ed6 pointed out.

natedog_37

Reaction score
Ok it was stalling at ever light. Had to keep my foot on the gas to keep her moving. Did plugs and wires and that seemed to help. Will check trans fluid at lunch today. have the cap, and rotor still to do today.

Belts all felt tight. Sounds seems like it is coming from the new AC compresser. Will post a video as soon as I can see what you think.

Idels around 500 RPM which seems low to me.

Then some times it is around 6/800 RPM and runs fine. Car didn't die today on the way to work. Drove fine on the highway etc.

Intake was also on my list.

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Idle at lower than it should be points to the IACV. Also pop off the intake and look in the intake manifold. Need a flashlight, and to go wide open on the throttlebody.

See crud? Clean the IACV!

rooky

Reaction score
If the tranny have fluid even though its not bright red. Because these year accord tranny was made with fault, a simple dirty fluid can cause this so i wont rule out checking your alternator just yet.

natedog_37

Reaction score
Today it ran great and I did nothing.

So I am going to clean IAC, TB today, finish the rotor, and cap, and drain and fill the trans.

Alternator I can take and have checked also

james'99

Reaction score
A drain and fill on the trans is okay. Only ~3qts. I don't suggest flushing it though. On a trans that hasn't been maintained its whole life, if you give it new fluid now, It may start slipping like crazy. ONLY USE HONDA ATF!

Back