What to look for when buying a 6GA?

Accordx

Reaction score
Junkyard is your best then, nothing beats an oem bumper for $40-50

True if you can find one, I went last week and there was only 1 coupe. Someone had tried to take the front bumper off even though it was in pretty bad condition. If you can figure out when your local junkyard gets new junkers (if your place works like that) it would probably be pretty easy to find one.

DBO867

Reaction score
True if you can find one, I went last week and there was only 1 coupe. Someone had tried to take the front bumper off even though it was in pretty bad condition. If you can figure out when your local junkyard gets new junkers (if your place works like that) it would probably be pretty easy to find one.

I dont know if they have a lkq pick a parts in ya area, but if they do, you can always go on their website and look up vehicle inventory. Itll show whats in stock and what day they arrive

Accordx

Reaction score
I dont know if they have a lkq pick a parts in ya area, but if they do, you can always go on their website and look up vehicle inventory. Itll show whats in stock and what day they arrive

Yeah I have something similar but if the car has been on the yard for more than a week it's probably been parted out of the good stuff. Also my place doesn't show when new ones come in, only if they have it on the lot so that kinda sucks. Always fun to go see what kinda old jdm cars they have though.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Yeah I have something similar but if the car has been on the yard for more than a week it's probably been parted out of the good stuff. Also my place doesn't show when new ones come in, only if they have it on the lot so that kinda sucks. Always fun to go see what kinda old jdm cars they have though.

That is pretty much how the yards are here, plus considering it's a bumper which is one of the things to take impact in a wreck that sent it to the yard in the first place, it just makes it that much harder to source.

DBO867

Reaction score

i believe you can always ask them what day they get shipment and hope you stumble on an accord. ive been lucky before to find 2 freshly arrived accords, but sadly there wasnt anything i needed it from there so i left it alone for others to get

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Well, since you bought it, you might want to do a members ride thread. Then we can see what it looks like, and what your future plans are for it. Just a thought.;)

swenyo

Reaction score
Well, since you bought it, you might want to do a members ride thread. Then we can see what it looks like, and what your future plans are for it. Just a thought.;)

That's actually a great idea. I didn't do one before because the camera on my phone wasn't working. I was getting ready to start a bunch of question threads maybe i can throw all my questions in my own members ride

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
That's actually a great idea. I didn't do one before because the camera on my phone wasn't working. I was getting ready to start a bunch of question threads maybe i can throw all my questions in my own members ride

That's an idea too, as it'll keep everything relevant to your ride. Don't be surprised if it gets hijacked at times, but it's all in good fun, and we learn from it too. Do a little searching/reading of the forums too, as you might find some of your questions have already been asked. There's a lot of good info hiding in the forums, and it just takes time to sift thru it. Just so you know, you can also use a regular camera, and use Tiny Pic to host them, and link those pics to your thread. There's even a thread that explains it. :)

Back