Ect code cam on after car overheated

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Ok so I replaced my heater hose and topped off the coolant and started the car and temp gauge was very very slow to get into operating temperature.

I let it run for maybe 30mins or so temp gauge is not near the middle but just above cold,drove around and came back.

Let the car idle in my drive way I start to see the temp climb but still no fans come on just barely before hot! Upper and lower rad hoses are hot but no fans.. I fully bled the system and made sure it came out the bleed valve.

c53fe698ce007a5d23889aab461785c7.jpg

Any help and opinions will help. I also have some sort of feel of misfire while driving,I noticed it after I replaced my secondary oxygen sensor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Clear the code.
Check the temp it sees (use a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter and 'Torque' on your phone).
Compare that to the real temp, which you can get by measuring the engine with a InfraRed gauge. Usually you measure around the radiator hose outlet on the cylinder head.

james'99

Reaction score
Start engine only long enough to turn the heat on high and the fan on high. Give it a second and shut it off.

After that, top off the radiator. Squeeze all coolant hoses and heater hoses trying to let air escape. Leave the bleeder closed while doing this. Then, once you believe most air is out, put a funnel in there and start the car running the heat on high. Let air bubbles surface for a few minutes and cap it. You probably just have lots of air in the heater core.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Start engine only long enough to turn the heat on high and the fan on high. Give it a second and shut it off.

After that, top off the radiator. Squeeze all coolant hoses and heater hoses trying to let air escape. Leave the bleeder closed while doing this. Then, once you believe most air is out, put a funnel in there and start the car running the heat on high. Let air bubbles surface for a few minutes and cap it. You probably just have lots of air in the heater core.
I bled the system while I was filling the radiator open and bleed value and waited till excess coolant came out the bleed value.

I bought a new fan switch to replace it cuz I jumped the plug and fans came on.

And I did put the heat on high and heat to full to let air circulate to heater core.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Lets see if I'm half right...

Some cars have a coolant temp switch, for the fan, and a sensor, for the ECM. Ours has one, just a sensor, and the ECM controls the fan.

I can't remember this for *sure*. I work on too many cars :p I'd need a wiring diagram, but I'm busy right now :p

Back