THE Suspension Review Thread

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
Brand: Megan Coilover Sleeves

Price& where: $135 shipped from Ebay

Pros: Adjustibility is amazing, they are pretty stiff for ebay brand coilover sleeves. You can be legit stage 1 slammed with the collars in. Legit stage 2.5 slammed with collars out. Handles like a dream.

Cons UCAs hit, ride gets bouncy on bumpy roads. Wouldnt recommend driving on the highway with a sick stomach ^.^

Final Verdict: Very cheap and somewhat legit way to slammmmmmm your whip! ;)

Brand: KYB AGX Shocks

Price& where: $200 from a friend

Pros: Adjustable

Cons: None

Final Verdict amazing paired with megan coilover sleeves

RISH1

Reaction score
TEIN BASIS

$800.. from ebay.

Pros: Great drop at it's lowest setting. 18" wheels are right by the fender, I can't fit a finger in it.
Handles great, purposely took it on bad roads and no bone jarring hits. I was very very suprised bout how "soft" it was.. meaning it quite frankly felt as if I was driving my stock oem suspension.
Adjustability is a plus, I can raise it, come snow time and drop it come spring. Adjusting the ride height is easy. Don't have to take off the tires or anything. Takes me 15 minutes.

Cons: As of now... none. (i've had them for 2 weeks). In the future, You do have to send them to Tein (30k miles) for maintainance for the dampers... but that could be seen as "regular car maintenance", rather than an unexpected expense.

IF you want your tires tucked in... maybe look somewhere else. If you want a great looking drop without a harsh ride. These are it.

Also, you will have to get a camber kit at the lowest setting.. unless you want a negative camber. First 5 days.. I didn't see a negative camber... but now I do... (natural sag of the springs) so I did get a camber kit.

David_Van

Reaction score
Brand & model: Form & Function Type One
Price paid and from where: 600$ Vex Motorsports here in the Bay Area.
Pros: Very good for DD/weekend warrior. Could go as low as you want to the point where your frame is touching the ground. Not too stiff not too soft!
Cons: none for me.
Final verdict: great price for a great product!

Sunoveabesh

Reaction score
Brand & model: Form & Function Type One
Price paid and from where: $600 from NASOHC here on 6thgen with shipping.
Pros: Freedom to lower it as low as you want, I can adjust them in an hour and be on my way! Stiffer than OEM but still great for a DD
Cons:Seems like some days it'll be soft-ish then others it'll be stiffer??
Final verdict: For the price you can't beat 'em, if you don't believe it just look at how many people on here have them lol

Drew707

Reaction score
Brand & model: Omnipower coilovers. seller never stated if it was the street or sport. stiff. so im guessing they're sport
Price paid and from where: 300$ used off craigslist
Pros: 0-4in height adjustable. rides great. pretty stiff.
Cons: no damper adjustability. Uca's hit cuz low.
Final verdict: Great for a DD. Handling is very tight and i havnt even got alignment yet. a steal for the price i got em for. rides so much better then my ksport springs/kyb gr2 shocks.

Last edited:

Accord4U2NV

Reaction score
Brand & model: Buddy Club Coilovers N+ Spec for CL9 aka TSX/EuroR

Price paid and from where: MSRP:$1,499.00 Advertised $1,274.15 Paid: to low to advertise :deal: Pann Auto Performance

Pros:15-way Dampening settings ranges from hard (+4kg/mm) to soft (-4kg/mm), spring preload preset out of the box! and out of the box matched my previous cutspring ride height with the ability to go 3-3.5 more inches lower!

Cons: Had to Modify Front Top Hat Mounting Holes 3 sizes bigger or you can try to use your OEM ones i didn't even bother trying (owned this car for 12 years and way past the point of no return.... to stock!)

Final verdict: If you can get over the fact that you have to modify your top hat mounting location and now have to order CL9 TSX/EuroR suspension related parts for future suspension purchases if any.

464206_10150806768082642_664732641_12117008_386159233_o.jpg

JLaneAccord

Reaction score
Brand: Progress 24 mm sway bar for Acura Tl 04-08
Price Paid and From where:$160 from Amazon with shipping
Pros:Really makes a difference, Best bang for the buck to me!
Cons:None, just couldn't break the old one free! lol Make sure you get new endlinks< MoOOG! Oh the exhaust hanger is in the way, i need to move it, its making noise.. at least i hope thats whats making noise?
Final Verdict:Best suspension upgrade, do this before lowering springs and see how much of a difference it makes. Went from 16mm to 24mm and i love it! Need to move exhaust hanger, or bend it down.
progress.jpg

Brand: Koni Yellow Struts
Price Paid from and Where:$610 From Auto anything with a promo code.
Pros:Perch setting=no boat look. 20% stiffer than stock. Ride so smooth.
Cons:None
Final Verdict:Got to be the best strut for our cars. I put the front on the lowest perch with is .5 inches. and paired it with sportlines. It sits flush. NO boat look.

Brand: Eibach Sportline springs
Price Paid and Where:$215 from Autoanything with promo code.
Pros:Handle great! good ride quality
Cons:wish i would have gotten GC made by eibach for adjustability.
Final Verdict:Couldnn't ask for a better setup. Cant go wrong with eibach.

PICTURE IS ONLY THE KONI AND SPORTLINES INSTALLED IN THE FRONT ON THE LOWEST PERCH SETTING/ Rear is STOCK
securedownload-4.jpg

Last edited:

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
Brand: Megan Coilovers EZ-Streets series
Price paid:$670 shipped on thmotorsports.com
Pros:My god, they're amazingly easy to adjust heights, the ride is firm, and the spring rates (at first I thought they were odd) were perfectly snug to daily driving. Also, the amount of low you can go is pretty ridiculous, i still have a few inches i can drop, and my tires rub fender liner on the inside on any 1" dip on the road (until i roll them.. hehe).
Cons:not gonna lie... the having to undo all my back seats so i can get to the rear dampener adjust is very annoying, wish i went with one of the brands that comes with a motorized dampener adjuster.
Final Verdict: For $670, you get a lot of bang for your back. It's pricier than a type one, but not quite as pricy as an type two, and you still manage to get a lot of quality for a lot cheaper price, enough to consider it over a type two if you're a middle-budget man like myself. thmotorsports.com is about the cheapest place i've seen the coils for brand new, but it does come with a cost: they were awful at shipping these things! i waited for two months, before i finally made the call and found out they hadn't put the order in yet? then later said something about backorder, which i'm pretty sure they found out after the fact. Either way, for under $700, i dont think you can get much better than this.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Brand & model: Koni Yellow w/ Ground Control sleeves w/ Eibach default spring rates
Price paid and from where:$970 shipped from Honda-tech vendor (Assaultech)
Pros: Best shock/sleeve combo you can get for these chassis, rides very smooth, never bottoms out, can get you to 23" from ground to fender, adjustable damping, takes no more than 5 minutes to adjust all four height.
Cons: Wish I could have went with some stiffer rates.
Final verdict: Great all around product for DD or tracking, just recommend stiffer rates for track/slammage use.

Brand & model: Neuspeed front strut tower bar
Price paid and from where: $20 from a guy off craigslist
Pros: Cheapest bar i've ever found on craigslist, usually people sell them for $100+, helps stiffen out the front suspensions alot, keeps both wheels on ground even better,
Cons: None!
Final verdict: Best $20 i've spent on my car. With the TL/CL strut bar combo it works even better!

Brand & model:CL/TL OEM strut tower bar
Price paid and from where: $58 shipped from www.hondapartsunlimited.com
Pros:Great OEM strut bar, replaces out junky wanna be strut bar that connects to the firewall. Works very well by itself or paired with Neuspeed/Eibach strut bar for best results.
Cons:None!
Final verdict: Very good simple basic suspension upgrade, helps stiffen the front end of the car very well. Would recommend to anyone who wants to upgrade their suspensions.

Rsuave24

Reaction score
Brand: Megan Coilovers EZ-Streets series

Price: $600-$700 on thmotorsports.com (can't remember)

Pros: 15 way adjustable dampening. This will slam you too the ground if needed, comfortable ride, good overall handling. easy to adjust.

Cons:Could be stiffer. I have my dampening maxed front and rear and it is still a little soft. no install instructions although i'm sure that doesn't matter.

Final Thoughts: I love these coilovers and they provide good quality for the price you pay (fairly entry level). I'm going to swap out the rear springs for stiffer swift springs to stiffen the ride up MORE. a little to bouncy for my liking. the front comes at a 10kg rating and the rear is a 5kg? so the rear still has a bit of roll.

My impression is very much the same as Kwak123 :)

Back