Price paid and from where: $140 Pannauto
Pros: Easy install, 2 Settings, 1 street, 1 race
Cons: Bright Green
Final verdict: Love it, reduced understeer alot

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Brand & model: F2 Type 1 (12k F/ 6k R)
Price paid and from where: $600 shipped on H-T Brand New
Pros: Easy Install, fronts are really easy to adjust, rides real nice (not too stiff and not too soft), and can slam around 4 inches without messing with the spring load.
Cons: rear can be tedious to adjust, no dampening adjustability
Final verdict: Love it!

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Brand & Model: K-Sport GT Lowering Springs / Tokico HP's
Price paid and from where: $120 from Acc2deff / JDMWerks on EBay
Pros: Rides smooth, gives a decent drop for the money
Cons: No adjustability
Final Verdict: I love it.

pattywak

Reaction score
Brand & model: Tokico HP Blues
Price paid and from where: $120 Used from a member here on 6ga
Pros: Great price, even brand new, can handle a good amount of drop
Cons: Very soft
Final verdict: Great struts for someone looking for a mild drop and a ride of OEM quality. Not for someone looking for a very performance-oriented ride.

Brand & model: Tein S-Tech lowering springs
Price paid and from where: $200 from ebay
Pros: Good drop, handing benefits from the lower center of gravity.
Cons: Does not fill in the wheel gap, a very soft ride common with Tein products
Final verdict: Great for someone looking for a mild drop. Not for someone who wants no-finger wheel gap or for a stiffer ride.

Brand & model: Ground Control Coilover Sleeves
Price paid and from where: $420 from Ground Control's website
Pros: Height adjustable, can go lower than lowering springs, advertised 0-4 inch drop, higher spring rate than the S-Techs
Cons: Give a boat look when sun all the way down with Tokico Blues
Final verdict: Great for those looking for a little more performance out of their suspension setup. I purchased these looking to get slammed, but when I spun them down all the way in the front I still had about a finger gap left, which is very disappointing. The rears had a finger-width left to spool down, and they are at 0 finger gap or a little less.

champaned_out

Reaction score
Brand & Model: Apexi' World Series Coilovers
Price: Bought used for $450
Pros: Dramatic increase in handling from stock suspension. Able to take those 25mph freeway on ramps at 55mph+ easy... Ride quality is very smooth yet very sporty
Cons: No damper adjustibility, Discontinued
Final Verdict: If your in need of a quality set of coilovers for DD, then Apexi WS is something you should most def. consider

Brand & Model: OEM 04 TL Rear Sway Bar

Price: Bought the 04 rear sway, 2 bushings, 2 brackets, 4 bolts all for under $60 shipped
Pros: Very noticeable improvement in hard corning speeds, price is very cheap
Cons: Nothing i can think of, except if your car has seen a few winters, you may need new endlinks, which will bring up the cost of this mod to over $100
Final Verdict: Dollar for Dollar, this is THE most effective/cheapest suspension mod you can do for your 6th gen

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
Brand & model: Tein Basics Coilovers
Price paid and from where: $600 brand new from NY craigslist, Im from Mass and I always search Craiglist from every state seeing if people wanna ship on deals!!
Pros: Ride like stock, great drop! On 18's (cant remember what size tires)when adjusted on the last thread cant even fit a finger through!
Cons: Rubber seat that the springs sits on is kinda a pain in the @ss when adjusting height! I always adjust the height during winter and spring, so the rubber seat between the springs and coils can cause it to get stuck and jam. Needs alot of muscle to get it to unjam, I rather just take the whole coil out to fix it.
Final verdict: Love them because they ride like stock, dont like a stiff ride since i dont race... I would remove all the rubber seats between the coil and spring, usually they would move and come off them self but i got one stuck and jammed on my passnger rear which i am currently having difficulty with! They seem to be unneccesary to me anyways...

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
Brand & model: TAS-line strut package
Price paid and from where: $170 plus shipping at their website
Pros: very affordable, smooth ride quality, great fit and finish
Cons:none
Final verdict: My brothers' car needed some new shocks, and so I ordered the TAS line shocks for him. The shipping was very quick, and the ride quality on these shocks is great. I highly recommend TAS for people who need oem parts but dont want to pay dealer prices.

rexxx

Reaction score
Brand & model: Function Form Type 1 coils
Price paid and from where: $600 shipped from eBay
Pros: good produce for a good price. they go crazy low. and ride alot better than i thought they would
Cons:The way they adjust, PITA
Final verdict: Definately worth the $600 i spent on them. It is a pain to adjust them, but they ride good, a hell of a lot better than my s tech's did on blown factory struts

PetrineX

Reaction score
Brand & model: '03 Acura TL-S Front Strut Bar
Price paid and from where: $50 from AcuraAutomotiveParts.org
Pros: Bolts into the firewall as well as across the engine bay. Allows the fuse box to bolt to it as well. Night and day difference with turn-in.
Cons: Doesn't look as good as other strut tower bars. Makes my struts pop occasionally while going over rough pavement.
Final verdict: For the price you can't beat it.

Brand & model: '03 Acura TL-S Rear Sway Bar
Price paid and from where: $130 from AcuraAutomotiveParts.org plus $8 for bushings
Pros: I don't even remember what understeer feels like...
Cons: While braking for a corner if my tire pressures aren't right the back end likes to come out.
Final verdict: Again, for the price you can't get much better.

mista jc

Reaction score
Brand & model: 04 Acura TL, Progress 24mm rear sway bar
Price paid and from where: 115 shipped from norcal member
Pros: Looks great, gunmetal, most thickest sway bar available, easy installation, affordable
Cons: Could use some beefier end links like MOOG, but can't see spending $50 on something you probably won't notice at all.
Final verdict: GET IT, it's so affordable, day and night difference, and makes the 6gen handle much better

Back