JV6 Lexus is350

JV6

Reaction score
Sssssooooo sexi

Nice car, I like! Must be a big upgrade luxury and performance wise compared to the accord

Thanks! Yeah it's a huge boost in performance from the av6, the 306hp with 6spd helps a lot.

I did this with my rear and love it!

a2e9d62f82b7f9e281f0e18c3dfc475e.jpg

Power on these cars is amazing, acceleration especially, very nice pick up, we can have our own is350 section on this forum lol

The rear diffuser looks good on it mate, I was debating on the oem rear lip atm but I will see how things go. I want your oem trunk lip spoiler though lol, debating on isf clear tails atm.

JV6

Reaction score
Also just picked up a second Lexus :), 2014 RX350 Suv

jz8t2s.jpg

Last edited:

Tectonickz

Reaction score
Re: JV6 Lexus is350 and rx350

Didn't think you could impress much more after whipping out the is350...but now this.....Wish I could have/afford these... Both super clean rides man.

Love that they are both white too :cool:

bairdandrew77

Reaction score

Well now you're just showing off with the new car haha

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Having fun debating which front & rear end you're going with? lol
(So much good looking styles you can choose from.. Really looking fwd to seeing how you're gonna go, James.)

...Waat? Another Lexsus already?? Won a jackpot??

JV6

Reaction score

Didn't think you could impress much more after whipping out the is350...but now this.....Wish I could have/afford these... Both super clean rides man.

Love that they are both white too :cool:

Thanks, I wanted to go either white or black but I thought the white suited this car the best. No plans for this car so it'll stay the same the way it is lol.

Well now you're just showing off with the new car haha

Everyone who moved on from 6ga did with anything they came across so I decided to merge my thread into 1 for both the rides lol.

Having fun debating which front & rear end you're going with? lol
(So much good looking styles you can choose from.. Really looking fwd to seeing how you're gonna go, James.)

...Waat? Another Lexsus already?? Won a jackpot??

Yeah debates for the front atm, its unbelieveable how many options there is for front lip for the is350. But I really want the 2013+ F sport bumper, its such an aggressive look. Rear end will prolly be the gfx rear lip to keep it oem. I didn't win any jackpot, trade in a car for it. Can't fit 3 cars in the garage, maximum 2 lol.

There's a white is-F I've been eyeing on but depends how things go. If not I'm happy with the is350 either way, I did my best 6.7L/100km(35.11mpg) on hwy with it last day.

Took few phone pics

wmi551.jpg

2uj6vqb.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

How do you find the electronic steering (EPS) in the 350? I’ve read some of the e-steering systems in newer cars are numb, and others aren’t. I’ve been spending a lot of time reading about this car (great info here: http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_library/IS/2012.html) and I was surprised 0-60 is 5.6s! I think I will end up with one of these, as long as I keep my Accord. I must have at least one manual car lol. I go back and forth between 350 F-sport and ISF though. Either way it’s an auto, but having RWD might make up for that. With the ISF I am sorta afraid to own a V8, but if I keep my Accord I can break things up with gas, especially in the winter when the ISF would probably not be driven for a few months. At least this is all what I tell myself to justify trying to get one. :lawl:

Otherwise I was considering a G8 GXP but not sure I could live with the interior and apparently parts are getting rare. Or ‘09 335i M-sport, but I read it’s costly to maintain out of warranty. I actually like the 4.5G TL too, but it’s so heavy and the SH-AWD is still FWD biased (don’t want FWD again). The IS350 meets most of my criteria except for manual trans, and I wish it had 300tq. Which really makes me want an ISF. It wouldn’t be cheap but if my wife can drive it that’s another angle to use to persuade her, since she doesn’t want to learn manual. :lawl:

Sorry for the tangent there, you and Frank both just have me a little excited about the possibility of ending up with a Lexus haha. Which would also be white. :lawl:

Curious to see what you do with your 350, or if you end up with that ISF!

JV6

Reaction score

How do you find the electronic steering (EPS) in the 350? I’ve read some of the e-steering systems in newer cars are numb, and others aren’t. I’ve been spending a lot of time reading about this car (great info here: http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_library/IS/2012.html) and I was surprised 0-60 is 5.6s! I think I will end up with one of these, as long as I keep my Accord. I must have at least one manual car lol. I go back and forth between 350 F-sport and ISF though. Either way it’s an auto, but having RWD might make up for that. With the ISF I am sorta afraid to own a V8, but if I keep my Accord I can break things up with gas, especially in the winter when the ISF would probably not be driven for a few months. At least this is all what I tell myself to justify trying to get one. :lawl:

Otherwise I was considering a G8 GXP but not sure I could live with the interior and apparently parts are getting rare. Or ‘09 335i M-sport, but I read it’s costly to maintain out of warranty. I actually like the 4.5G TL too, but it’s so heavy and the SH-AWD is still FWD biased (don’t want FWD again). The IS350 meets most of my criteria except for manual trans, and I wish it had 300tq. Which really makes me want an ISF. It wouldn’t be cheap but if my wife can drive it that’s another angle to use to persuade her, since she doesn’t want to learn manual. :lawl:

Sorry for the tangent there, you and Frank both just have me a little excited about the possibility of ending up with a Lexus haha. Which would also be white. :lawl:

Curious to see what you do with your 350, or if you end up with that ISF!
The electric steering so far has been good, the road balance and everything been straight so far with the steering. It feels a tad lighter aswell when it comes to turning compared to my 6ga, took me a couple days to get used to it lol. I was surprise about the specs and when I drove the car it surpass my expectation. Before buying this car I test drove 5 other IS including is250 RWD. To be honest the 2nd gen new Tsx 2.4l pulled way harder then the is250 RWD by a large margin when I drove both. I still haven't tried the paddle shifters yet but the 6spd auto itself is pretty aggressive when gear changing. Very throttle and responsive, can't wait to throw an F-Sport intake in there and along with a non aggressive exhaust most likely F-Sport aswell.

The car itself is very reliable so far, I put 10,000km on it already and nothing negative to say yet. So far for maintanence, I did an oil change with Motul Oil, Toyota Oil filter, Denso Iridium iX spark plugs, set of 4 new tires Michelin Pilot Sports AS3, Alignment, Fram intake Filter change, and soon to do cabin air filter. This fall I focus mostly on maintanence so majority of the things I won't needa worry for next 2-3 years likes tires/spark plugs etc. Mods prolly next year, nothing big and prolly won't slam it either.

When I get the chance, I will go test drive an IS-F. Maybe down the road I will land one, but so far the is350 has been nothing but good. The 4.5g TL was one of the car I kinda looked at, downfall for me was bad gas mileage and the thing was really bulky for my taste. I prefer the 04-08 TL style. I didn't look into any bmw or benz, was mostly on 08+ Accords, 11+ Tsx, 04-08 TL, IS etc.

Last edited:

JV6

Reaction score

I saw an IS350 with LFA wheels in 19x8.5/9.5, I noticed they sell reps aswell. Might be one of my wheel choice down the road if I go with the OEM+ look.

IMAG0048-vi.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^:drool: That looks sooo good. I've started saving for my IS, that's where this year's (and every year's) tax refund is going. Then after we finish paying off my wife's student loan we'll have more to put toward the down payment as well. I just want this loan to be as small as possible lol, esp if I find an ISF.

Anything new with yours?

Last edited:
Back