STUPID P1456! please help me

justmoddin

Reaction score
well I filled up last night, and the light came back on today :sad72: so im thinking mine def has something to do with my cap but idk it was to dark for me to clean my filler neck and flip my caps seal but im def gonna try that tommorow, the light def stayed off for quite some time even with me trying to make it trip i filled up bam next day that sucker is on so i think my problem lies in the cap.....

hirichard

Reaction score
i changed the canister and the shut valve for this code, both a few days after each other. CEL didn't come back on.

justmoddin

Reaction score
i changed the canister and the shut valve for this code, both a few days after each other. CEL didn't come back on.

well i cleaned my filler neck and my cap threads plus flipped the seal then i cleared the code so will see what happens from here, and i have already changed my canister valve so idk we'll see i guess im 40 miles in so far and all good lol

justmoddin

Reaction score
pretty sure i fixed it went to fill up today and the tank said PSSSSHHHHHHHH!!! first time in years lol also at 156mi

Jefe02

Reaction score
My car was plagued with this code for over a year and I had tried everything mentioned in this thread yet code kept coming back. After getting pulled over 3 times for expired inspection I decided. It was time to bring it to my mechanic. He had my car over a month trying to figure this thing out but eventually he got it. It was a bit complicated of a fix as what the problem was that there was no power going to the valve. Not sure what exactly he did to fix it but he said it was a huge pain in the ***. That was over 6 months ago and no code has come back since.

justmoddin

Reaction score
^sounds horrible

What did you mean by cleaning the fuel filler neck?

And thank you. :)

I used a sock and 91% alcohol. I took the seal off the gas cap poured the alcohol on the sock and rubbed all the build up off the gas caps threads, then i rubbed all the gunk off where the cap screws on aka the filler neck. I used a tiny bit of alcohol and cleaned the seal then i used original armorall and rubbed it on the seal i flipped the seal and reinstalled voila 231miles were still all clear :favorites37:

Back