OUTPUT PICTURES: Longest retro ever...

RickyG

Reaction score
So it's onward of probably 2 months since I first started planning my retro. You guys have probably seen a lot of these pictures already but I figured I'd put them all into one thread so everyone can see how I did my retro.

*SOMETHING I'M KEEPING SECRET UNTIL IT'S DONE ON THE WAY*

It started with way to easy of a tease...
DSC_0045-1.jpg

Then it was revealed.

DSC_0050.jpg

Black-housed and together for an idea of what it would look like.
DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Then came something new. A beautiful set of TSX projectors with clear lens.
DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0116-1.jpg

Shrouds
DSC_0119.jpg

Started piecing stuff together. Not for the faint of heart.
DSC_0028.jpg

Christmas came early
Bulbs, Ballasts, and a harness
DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0056-1.jpg

DSC_0057-1.jpg

The backs of the projectors
DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

And almost how they'll look when they're done.
DSC_0044-1.jpg

DSC_0046-2.jpg

And I think someone said the back of a retro shouldn't bring attention?
DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0063-1.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0067-1.jpg

Comparison, only cause I have really bad luck though.
DSC_0070-1.jpg

DSC_0075-1.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0083-1.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

I'm done for now. Maybe i'll open them up for a little extra something.

Last edited:

ejreams

Reaction score
Re: Longest retro ever...

So it's onward of probably 2 months since I first started planning my retro. You guys have probably seen a lot of these pictures already but I figured I'd put them all into one thread so everyone can see how I did my retro.

*PROJECTORS, SHROUDS, AND SOMETHINGS I'M KEEPING SECRET FOR A WHILE ON THE WAY*

It started with way to easy of a tease...
DSC_0045-1.jpg

Then it was revealed.

DSC_0050.jpg

Black-housed and together for an idea of what it would look like.
DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

and that's where it is now. projectors and bezels should be here mid week, and hopefully I'll pick up the Ballasts and bulbs this weekend. This sh*t is expensive. I now know why not that many people do them.

oh yeah and for those who have done retro fits what did you use to cut and drill your housings? just a dremel and a drill; I'm afraid that'll crack the housings.

I would be afraid to touch those headlights, the blackhousing looks really nice.
mad props I don't even know how you did that. haha.

and yes I realize this post didn't help you at all, haha.

Dtownz Thrillah

Reaction score

I now know why not that many people do them.

Cost is a part of it but if you have never driven in a car with oem projectors and the right hid kit you will be missing out.

After I got my retro, I spent even more money for better bulbs and shrouds and other things to get the retros to look like how I wanted it to look.

It was some of the best money I put into my car. That and my new headunit.

RickyG

Reaction score

I would be afraid to touch those headlights, the blackhousing looks really nice.
mad props I don't even know how you did that. haha.

and yes I realize this post didn't help you at all, haha.

Time and a bunch of sticky notes. I had to use sticky notes as my tape, to do the corners like that, because any blue tape would just peel off the chrome. And thanks man.

Cost is a part of it but if you have never driven in a car with oem projectors and the right hid kit you will be missing out.

After I got my retro, I spent even more money for better bulbs and shrouds and other things to get the retros to look like how I wanted it to look.

It was some of the best money I put into my car. That and my new headunit.

I can't wait to get them done for the light output. I usually have to turn my high beams on because I can't stand my output now.

And for the record I think this is gonna end up costing around $500 all together, just in case anyone was interested in what it cost.

C_S_L

Reaction score

After I finished retro-ing my headlights, taking it apart dozens of time to fix shroud and projector. It took me around 5 months to get it right. I know how you feel. Once everything is done and working, it look amazing. Well worth the hours that was put in. Driving at night with retro is sensational.:love:

I think I spent almost 500 on it as well.

finch13

Reaction score

Question: once sealed do you just reopen them with a heat gun like the first time? Seams like brand new Hondabond wouldn't want to release like 10 year old stuff does.

Rick, why did you have to mask them? You know the chrome bezel and the chrome reflector bowls come apart right? Unless I'm missing something on other years of headlights...

These are 01 sedan:
IMG_0129.jpg

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

I am doing this soon as my headlights come in from the mail. I got some OEM's from another member on here. Neways, u can use a dremel to make the hole.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score

Ummm 500 is a drop in the bucket for a good retro:
OEM BMW E46 Shrouds 125
S2000 Projectors 375
TSX Replica lenses 70

And the money only stops there if you're doing it yourself. Can't say what else is being done until mine's finished (can't spill till completion lol), but I can tell you that when it's finished, the total cost will be come to around 1600 (keep in mind that only 325 of that is the labor cost, the rest is parts, so be prepared to be amazed lol).

Zero-Defect

Reaction score

Rick, why did you have to mask them? You know the chrome bezel and the chrome reflector bowls come apart right? Unless I'm missing something on other years of headlights...

He masked off the corner

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score

Nice these look like there are gonna be premium quality i guess that's why they say good thing come to those who are patient

Back