Heated seats

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
So just a quick question before I post in WTB... I want heated seats in my 01 V6A, what cars can I take the heating pads and wiring from and how hard is it to do the whole job if I find a Canadian switch cubby? Or is there already wiring in place under my seats and I just have to plug stuff in? How hard is it 1/10?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The seat motor/buckle wiring is pretty simple, it's the heat wiring that's more complicated because fuses and relays come into play. There are aftermarket heating elements you can buy that you could place under your seat covers, or you could swap in the elements from another car but I'm not sure what that would involve as there is more to it than just those. Most people have swapped the whole seat, from a 7G Accord, 2G Acura CL/TL, or 04-08 TSX and wired it up. You would want to make sure you get seats that don't trip your SRS light.

There are a few threads on this subject, search them up and read them as there is some good info that might help you form your decision.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
My interior friend has an aftermarket heated seat kit he is going to be adding to my seats. I am going to try and wire the harness from the aftermarket heater to the stock wiring of the Canadian seat switch. I'll let you know how that goes is it becomes an easy option

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
My interior friend has an aftermarket heated seat kit he is going to be adding to my seats. I am going to try and wire the harness from the aftermarket heater to the stock wiring of the Canadian seat switch. I'll let you know how that goes is it becomes an easy option

That would be great keep us updated!

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
I just added an aftermarket heated seat kit to my Sparco Monzas. Everything was relatively easy, and would have been easier if I was using stock seats, the kits I bought came with relays and in line fuses already, it was 3/10.

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
I just added an aftermarket heated seat kit to my Sparco Monzas. Everything was relatively easy, and would have been easier if I was using stock seats, the kits I bought came with relays and in line fuses already, it was 3/10.

Link to the kit?

twofast4u

Reaction score
if you want, next time im at the wreckers I can grab a few cubby's for you guys and ship em out. I've done it for a few people here already.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
if you want, next time im at the wreckers I can grab a few cubby's for you guys and ship em out. I've done it for a few people here already.

I want one, but I dont need heated seats. Have an idea to ditch the buttons and use the slots for a few USB ports to look somewhat OEM...

Back