F23 turbo build?!

smoovcg6

Reaction score
What's up,

I'm fairly new to the car industry and I've been doing a lot of research on boosting my 99 accord ex manual tranny. I have the stock f23 motor with about 280,000 miles on it. I would like to know what exactly I have to do to take this approach. I want to make roughly 400hp. I have read a couple other people's build but would like to know what is the basic I have to do to get this done. Sorry for making a new post about this but really want to know. Thanks!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
With that mileage and considering your HP goals, you'll definitely want to rebuild the motor or swap in something with less mileage. Look up ihazsnail's build thread, as well as AFAccord's. There are others I'm sure.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I don't think it's ever been done before :goofy_batman:

j/k, search for turbo builds, they are everywhere.. :coffee:

3 key things to remember.. The stock rings WILL fry over 11lbs so you might as well do a full on build (I have top-notch racing-grade parts for sale in my thread). You NEED to have an aftermarket MAP sensor if you have any hopes of doing this right (stock MAP sensor only goes up to 10.56psi, and you don't want to close in to that range because if you spike ANY higher even for a fraction of a second - bye-bye. Tuning, particularly boost control is crucial for your car's lifeline.

Last edited:

TedMicer

Reaction score
i just bought a JDM F23A i bought APR HEAD BOLTS and im doing a basic turbo build 6-points EBAY JUNK WITH GARRET t25

Back