Something messed up happened....

98acclude

Reaction score
you can actually fix a dented plastic bumper but I mean the time it takes to fix plus the materials used to fix also add up so most of the time shops just get new parts because it's cheaper and faster in the long run. I fixed a mangled front bumper on a jaguar at school and it turned out really nice but I mean the time it took was kind of ridiculous though! lol also on the note of PPG paint there are various grades that they have also... like the omni line... it's good paint that we use on a lot of stuff then you can step up from there to omni plus or you can go the deltron route but deltron is super pricy but it's the best of the best that PPG offers! out of pocket it would probably cost about a grand plus at a reputable shop that does everything to the book! It just kinda depends on what you want out of it that decides price really... You can get a cheeseburger or a steak... one is better but a higher price and one is cheaper and quicker but both will get the job done.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I'll see what the dealer's body shop really did with repainting the front bumper on Friday (probably tomorrow if things are done fast).

Since the dealership is doing it on their dime, look that over really good. Make damn sure the color matches, and there's no runs, drips, or errors. Once you leave the lot, it's yours. Prior to that, they have to make you whole and complete. Don't accept any excuses, even IF it takes an extra week, as you want it right.

98acclude

Reaction score
Since the dealership is doing it on their dime, look that over really good. Make damn sure the color matches, and there's no runs, drips, or errors. Once you leave the lot, it's yours. Prior to that, they have to make you whole and complete. Don't accept any excuses, even IF it takes an extra week, as you want it right.

^^^ this guy! seriously though, they could screw you if you arent diligent yourself.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Will do that. Probably, i gotta use some additional lighting to check for any runs, drips, and errors. Also, gotta see if all the paint damage is fixed or not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

capsidx

Reaction score
Will do that. Probably, i gotta use some additional lighting to check for any runs, drips, and errors. Also, gotta see if all the paint damage is fixed or not.

Hot florida sun should give you all the light you need.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score

Take a regular flash light, not an LED one, if you want to look at the color. LEDs seem to throw a slight blue tinge when used.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Take a regular flash light, not an LED one, if you want to look at the color. LEDs seem to throw a slight blue tinge when used.
Im not sure how bright the flashlight is on the GS8+, as that's what i am intended on using. Plus, today instead of getting my car apparently, I am getting my car parts....

Back