2000 Honda Accord special edition

krossbreed63

Reaction score
Hey guys my name Tj and I was introduced to Accords buy my dad from as young as I can remember, he bought a brand new Honda Accord station wagon in 1997 with every option available before I was born. forward 19 years later I turned 19 and the car has long been sold and i just bought this Accord to drive to school that is the same colour but not the same spec, it's been good so far except for the fact that I have to open every individual door manually, the key only opens which ever door it's in and the switch inside does nothing but click on both doors, I read somewhere that an aftermarket radio might cause this or the door actuators?. The car didn't come with a key fob just the key so there's no testing that.anyways she's my baby and I just can't wait to get enough money to start modifying her

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
welcome to the site!

i've never heard of problems being caused by an aftermarket radio. have you tried turning the key both ways? i believe one way locks and the other unlocks. i never really used the door lock on my old accords, so it's hard for me to remember, but i think to unlock all the doors you hold it in the unlock direction for a an extra second or two. i had aftermarket alarm systems on both of my accords, so i had a remote to unlock the doors.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If the switch on the door is just clicking and not unlocking any of the doors, then it's possible the actuators are all dead. Surprised if they were all bad, but it happens.

As for the fob, you may be able to buy one and program it, if your car has keyless entry. If you sign up for Honda Owners Link and enter your VIN, it should tell you all the options your car has. It's free.

Welcome to the site.

Accordx

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, sounds like it's the actuators but it's odd that all of them would be shot. Had a similar issue with my coupe and a new actuator fixed it.

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Hey guys my name Tj and I was introduced to Accords buy my dad from as young as I can remember, he bought a brand new Honda Accord station wagon in 1997 with every option available before I was born. forward 19 years later I turned 19 and the car has long been sold and i just bought this Accord to drive to school that is the same colour but not the same spec, it's been good so far except for the fact that I have to open every individual door manually, the key only opens which ever door it's in and the switch inside does nothing but click on both doors, I read somewhere that an aftermarket radio might cause this or the door actuators?. The car didn't come with a key fob just the key so there's no testing that.anyways she's my baby and I just can't wait to get enough money to start modifying her

Welcome to the gang.

From what you're describing it sounds like the master switch (driver side door lock switch) took a ****. What happens when you try to unlock the doors using the power lock feature from the drivers side?

krossbreed63

Reaction score
Welcome to the gang.

From what you're describing it sounds like the master switch (driver side door lock switch) took a ****. What happens when you try to unlock the doors using the power lock feature from the drivers side?
I only hear a clicking sound but nothing happens

Sent from my Vivo XL2 using Tapatalk

krossbreed63

Reaction score
welcome to the site!

i've never heard of problems being caused by an aftermarket radio. have you tried turning the key both ways? i believe one way locks and the other unlocks. i never really used the door lock on my old accords, so it's hard for me to remember, but i think to unlock all the doors you hold it in the unlock direction for a an extra second or two. i had aftermarket alarm systems on both of my accords, so i had a remote to unlock the doors.
I turned the key in the door and held it in the open position still nothing just clicking

Sent from my Vivo XL2 using Tapatalk

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Did you mean passenger side?

No, I meant drivers side, but knowing if it did work via the passenger side switch would help too.

My theory was that if the drivers door switch was bad, the door locks wouldn't work period. Don't know if its just a Mopar/Jeep thing, but on my mom's Cherokee when the driver side power door lock switch went bad the power door locks didn't work period.

Back