Acura RL BBK Upgrade

9450erick

Reaction score
what fancy junk yard do u go to? :lawl: 2006 is still a pretty brand new car to be in a junkyard
what do u think is going to be the difference between the acura legend swap vs this swap?

KnightRyder

Reaction score
i didnt buy mine from a junkyard, i got em from a guy on acurazine who bought them from where ever, he never installed them on his TL since his wheels didnt clear.

if you search around the junkyards that list parts online, you may find the calipers. on average here in CA the price i saw was 150 each.

our accords are 1 piston calipers. legends are 2 piston calipers that look virtually the same, meaning theres nothing fancy looking about them if that matters to you. the RL calipers are 4 piston calipers that actually looks like a BBK caliper. the RL is a monoblock caliper whereas the stock accord and legend calipers are 2 piece calipers, they come with the main caliper piece and the bracket that supports them.

btw, rotors and rebuild kits arrived a few hours ago...
imag0110lm.jpg

imag0111ls.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Vimal, I just spoke to one other person who is undertaking the same project, and after reading more about it through your thread, definately going to be a project to add to my list as well.

Hope everything works out well, keep us posted.

9450erick

Reaction score
i didnt buy mine from a junkyard, i got em from a guy on acurazine who bought them from where ever, he never installed them on his TL since his wheels didnt clear.

if you search around the junkyards that list parts online, you may find the calipers. on average here in CA the price i saw was 150 each.

our accords are 1 piston calipers. legends are 2 piston calipers that look virtually the same, meaning theres nothing fancy looking about them if that matters to you. the RL calipers are 4 piston calipers that actually looks like a BBK caliper. the RL is a monoblock caliper whereas the stock accord and legend calipers are 2 piece calipers, they come with the main caliper piece and the bracket that supports them.
btw, rotors and rebuild kits arrived a few hours ago...
:bukkake:
that makes mad sense
the rl's are going to have twice the stopping power compared to the legends and the legends stop pretty quick

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
:bukkake:
that makes mad sense
the rl's are going to have twice the stopping power compared to the legends and the legends stop pretty quick

but you can only stop as fast as your tires will let you, nevertheless its a good mod for those who want something bigger than Legends

9450erick

Reaction score
i want to participate in circuit racing nd im under taking a turbo build so i do want to go with a bbk
i dont have a legend set up but from other people i heard they are pretty good

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
I'm doing this swap also I'll install the kit once I start trying to finish up my swap; I'll be rebuilding and powedercoating them and running 13" Stoptech Slotted 370Z rotors.

Back