Let's talk side mirrors

Mikey

Reaction score
Apparently, the 01 CL mirror is somehow different than the others. Also, some of the CLs came with a little tweeter in the sail. Im wondering if that changes things any...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I think so, Chris.

I haven't used mine in a LONG time, so I could be wrong, and if you put the L/R switch in the middle, they both defrost at the same time.

The JDM power folder mirror switch, replaces the heated mirror button with the folding mirror button.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^ohhh ok. Thanks.

I am on Ebay Canuckistan and I see a **** ton of power folding mirrors...but no heated mirrors.

Mikey

Reaction score
IMO, 1st step is getting the lengths of each side of the triangular mounting area. 2nd step would be comparing how they are mounted. I’ve never taken mine off, but I’m guessing it’s a few screws or something. If the screw placement is different among mirrors/doors, then you would have to drill new holes in whatever mirror you were using and match it up with the door. Again though, not sure how the mirrors mount to the door.

I would have to see “cut” mirrors up close to really judge, I’m a bit skeptical of how clean that would look.

And here’s another idea, maybe not doable. But what if it were possible to just swap the upper and lower portions of mirrors? 98 Accord owners would have to get at least '99 mirrors in this case (since '99 was the first year for folding mirrors), but I am wondering if the lower portion (that’s attached to the door) of say, a 1999 side mirror housing, would accept the upper portion (that's the folding part) of a mirror from 99-03 TL’s/CL’s. This may be too out there...

Btw, swollen_cu has an 01 TL, someone could ask him to measure his triangular mounting area.
This was my other idea. Seperating them, if they come apart, and seeing if they line up that way.

^3G TL mirrors...reeeeally...wonder how much work that was.
Does the way this switch is laid out mean you can only defrost one side at a time?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/98-02-Honda-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0d465b92
No. You push it and both heat/move. Looks identical to a 4G switch. I wonder if they're one in the same as I have a 4G heated mirror switch...

Id rather have heated > PFM. While PFM is cool, Id never use it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I was looking at them, I think they are still manual folding mirrors, seeing as how they come from Texas.

The true JDM ones, you can usually tell that they are the actual power folding mirrors.

Ebay JDM Power Folding Mirrors

Mikey, you can have the mirrors fold once you put the car in park, it can be wired up that way.

I don't recall if anyone has both the heat and power folding function hooked up.

Raul

Reaction score
Chris, I would sell you my mirrors. They are non foldable though but powered and heated:ohsnap:

I dont understand why US accords never have that options, it makes driving so much easier during the rainy/snow days.:driving:

Back