BlkCurrantkord's '11 WRX

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Sucks about the head gasket issue, because I was considering a Subie as a replacement as well.

If I was able to get a great deal on the parts and labour, I might consider it.

Really like this one over the old RS you had.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Out with the old and in with the new!

I gave it a face lift after I got back from SnoDrift this winter.

New OEM bumpers, trunk lid (wingless), rust repair, buffed/cleared headlights, lightweight bumper beams, jdm 3rd brake light, black wrx badges for the fenders, and rolled rears for better wheel/tire clearance. Also shaved the license holes on the front bumper.

Ripped off the SPT exhaust and had my brother help me fab up a new full 3in exhaust from the downpipe back. Now the exhaust consists of, Borla header, Invidia Uppipe, Invidia downpipe, Invidia resonated midpipe, custom axle back using two Vibrant resonators, 304ss tubing, and 304ss ebay exhaust tips.

My g/f and family got me some PW JDM carbon exhaust garnishes to protect my bumper from the exhaust.

Also just got back from my first track day @ Mid Ohio. Loads of fun, learned a lot, and will return as soon as I have more braking power, lol.

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, I ran out of brakes @ MidOhio coming into Turn 1 on the front straight. Could've been that they were overheated, could've been they weren't bedded properly. All I know is, I had a bit of a freak out moment when I pushed the pedal and didn't slow down doing 80mph into a turn I couldn't hold.

My brakes are the same size as yours Andy, with your whopping 130hp to my almost 300hp/300+tq. The g/f's forester needs brakes so I'm just donating mine to her and upgrading mine to some big stopping powa!

Fronts:
ATS-V calipers + adapters
Stop Tech SS Lines
Hawk pads
12.8" Centric Rotors (stock 2004 STi size)

Rears:
Subaru 2 pot calipers
10+ Legacy GT Centric Rotors
SS Lines
Hawk Pads

I think I'll have the calipers powdercoated purple to let them stand out from the white car and gunmetal wheels. I'm throwing in some sort of ducting/cooling once I figure out what/how I'm gonna do it.

Last edited:
Back