1998 Accord P1607 Alongside other sensor high voltage codes

95Tech

Reaction score
Checked for Error Codes and this is what I got:

P0108 Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor circuit high voltage
P0113 Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor circuit high voltage
P0118 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT)sensor circuit high voltage
P0123 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) circuit high input.
P1498 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve sensor circuit High voltage.
P1607 Internal ECU Malfunction.

When I erase these codes only three WILL NOT GO AWAY!!!!!(IAT, ECT, & P1607)
The rest come as soon as I start the car. It backfires and smokes but run. New Map Sensor and the Code still pops up. How can I fix this?

Anybody knows what this means???

Last edited:

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score

95Tech

Reaction score
Yes. It started with just that one MAP code then after I drove to Dallas Texas from Memphis it started these symptoms of not starting and these trouble Codes. I called Honda today and the service mechanic said that it could be the ECU or another electrical circuitry malfunction and their electrical diagnosis’s start at $199 dollars. .

95Tech

Reaction score
I might have to replace the ECU with a used one and get it programmed at HONDA/Acura of Memphis. I’ll keep you all updated

95Tech

Reaction score
Ok swapped the ECU initially installing one from U-Pull it, it erased the code P1607 but wouldn’t start the Car. So all intermittent codes were not showing up on my OBD2 scanner, changed the immobilizer chip out the donor ECU car cranks but still has the P1607 code.

95Tech

Reaction score
Update::!!! the scrap yard ECU runs better but take off is slow. Still only one P1607 code. Any help would be appreciated on what causing my slow take off. ALSO:The car had a jumper wire leading from the fuel pump when I purchased it about a year ago. It sat up until this past March when I was forced to drive it because my 97 thunderbird quit on me and needed fixing. Upon visual inspection, I saw the Black & Yellow wire being severed in the pig tail of the fuel pump. Ran a wire to connect the two ends and left the initial wire that ran to the fuse box off to see would it power the fuel pump with its stock pig tail power. It did. But car runs extremely slow this way...

Last edited:

95Tech

Reaction score
No. I took the immobilizer chip out the donor ECU. Green key flashes but it cranks and Starts.

Back