Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

Man those stays look good, I underestimated them.

Your bay looks brand new, how did you go about cleaning it? Ye olde Simple Green method?

Got02Accord

Reaction score

I just noticed.. Is your grill one piece or two? Looks great with the center piece painted black!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Man those stays look good, I underestimated them.

Your bay looks brand new, how did you go about cleaning it? Ye olde Simple Green method?
:eek:

Didn't use anything fancy besides a small amount of body-paint scratch remover around the stays. I only clean my engine bay with some damp paper towels when posting pics of my bay, or when my ocd kicks in. :lawl:

I just noticed.. Is your grill one piece or two? Looks great with the center piece painted black!
Thanks, Cody! I'm glad you did. My grille is in one piece, 01-02 OEM. I wanted to match w/ the lower grille's center piece, and it worked out well for my taste. ;)

Last edited:

Got02Accord

Reaction score

Thats what i thought! it just looked like it was separated on the bottom! Looks awesome!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

I noticed the excessive amount of movement on my cat-back area of my exhausts system, ever since I was hand-washing the car. Then, I began to realized that my exhaust tips must have been moving around quite a bit noticeably on the road.

The rubber hanger(s) are stretched out because of the weight of the mufflers.
3ebade7609e361ef409e32307a5705b9.jpg

Blackworks Racing polyurethane exhaust hangers.
ff59ae3c02176c7683a7e12e82e30d97.jpg

I was just searching for the ones made from quality poly u in OEM dimension, and it turned out to be BWR. (Was contemplating on choosing another brand, made for Nissan S14/15 irrc, but I wasn't motivated to further cross-reference 6gens with Silvia's at that time.) But I'm happy with these 5"x 5" x 1" bad boys doing the right job. :)
03f7059a6f7946c0d6d6825e66c29b85.jpg

Pretty much the same size / shape. But BWR's is a tad beefier.
21c57c08848ac095d0d74dc390542e14.jpg

a6a2c3f41de6d640d705273b7f49de83.jpg

They're a lot firmer than the OEM rubber hangers, and the movement of the mufflers has reduced significantly.
ff59ae3c02176c7683a7e12e82e30d97.jpg

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Been having a pair of V-LED's reverse lights for about 7 years, and my left one decided to end its life, due to some moisture in my taillight housing.

(It's because I remember I used to move the car forward, while it's parked in N for a few feet, by pushing the car with my hands on the taillight, instead of 'properly' leaning on the rear bumper with your thighs from behind. Did that a few times several years ago, and I think I messed up the housing's sealing ever since. I remember doing this was a bad idea, ever since I started to see some water dripping off from the edges of my trunk lid, every time when it's opened on a rainy day.. It's not that severe, but I shouldn't have done that haha.)

Well, if my trunk taillight was fine, I'd probably have looked for a nice pair of updated n brighter LED ones or something, but.. Until it gets replaced / restored, it's time for me to go back to the old school.. Sort of..

PIAA Xtreme White halogen bulbs... But hey, at least they're brighter than my 7-year-old V-LED's on the right. :)
IMAG5856_zpskslpiohl.jpg

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Getting some parts for the upcoming +150K preventative maintenance along with valve clearance adjustment, sparkplugs replacement, and throttle body cleaning.

OEM Engine head cover gasket set x2.
4c1c153bf08dda4c5f9037e5d60a76cc.jpg

OEM Intake manifold plenum gasket & NGK platinum spark plugs.
eb3443db3454f6f2fac759f2533a6c2d.jpg

Got the gaskets 18 bucks cheaper than what the shop had quoted me. :)

6GA's OEM spark plugs are NGK's platinum series (#4363 "OE Platinum") but I got (#7098 "G-Power") which was one of their choices available for this car. There was the Iridium series available as well, but this G series is supposed to meet and exceed the OEM spec. Well, we'll see how it goes, proly in a long run lol.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Being quite inactive due to my:
--Laziness (Winter sucks!)
--Daily grinds (Beans, really lol)
--Budget (Needs $ from Santa)

But, the 150K mi maintenance is on it's way next week. :)

* 2010 / Apr / 10th Spark Plugs Replacement @ 85,4xx mi
I also recall one of the ignition coil was damaged, and it had to be renewed. It was b/c it happened to be clenched improperly (it wasn't screwed correctly in.) I have no idea when that happened, until I found that out @ 85K mi for the 1st-time spark plug replacement. Bought the car @ 59K mi, and at that time, I just thought that the plugs were simply untouched, until they're time to be replaced. That's why I didn't bother to inspect them, ever since the day one until I found that out.. I remember I even searched for any records of the seller's service histories's indicating any spark plug related work being done, but there was none that I could get..

A~a~nyways.. but just b/c that happened before, I decided to prepare another new coil this time again in addition to the new sparkplugs, just in case, if that previously renewed coil is still wearing out. However, the coil is not an OEM this time. Denso Direct Ignition Coil. ← (Idk y but it sounds fancy to me lol.) Price was about the same as Honda coils, but a tad expensive iirc.
IMAG5968_zpsajhkmu92.jpg

I have a good impression of Denso being able to meet/exceed OEM spec, based on the fact about our alternator on V6 models, and I am further interested to try some of their other replacement parts for my car when the time comes. :)

Last edited:
Back