F23a4

StomoHonda

Reaction score
So its an ecu thing then? That is what I hoping it was not

So your saying engine swap? That is something I was going to do later. But about the ULEV, what can we do about that? Is it so much didifferent from the a1 that it can't be helped? , lets be hypothetical for a second, if I wanted to put turbo and headers knowingly the ULEV restricts air flow and the ecu is different from a1. What are the steps I need to do , in the proper order, to do that. Humor me please and thank you.

Would that cause my engine light to go on? Since my ecu is different from a1? I don't want to give up on my accord , i want this to work, like I said I don't care how fast that it becomes, I mean come on its a F23a4. Im doing this for practice so when I do swap it for another much better engine , ill know exactly what I want to do it and how to do it

Last edited by a moderator:

StomoHonda

Reaction score
Re: Engine Theory, Build, Etc Discussion.

I have F23a4, is it harder to work with ULEV? I want convert it to a1 (if that is even a thing) im sorely new to mechanics period . but I am excited to gain knowledge to build my accord coupe LX. I know nothing about forging pistons or anything of the sort. I am waiting for a new semester to start to get a machining degree just for car parts.(ill be thAT guy you know) But can I also forge on my F23 a4?

Enne

Reaction score
But about the ULEV, what can we do about that? Is it so much didifferent from the a1 that it can't be helped?

lets be hypothetical for a second, if I wanted to put turbo and headers knowingly the ULEV restricts air flow and the ecu is different from a1. What are the steps I need to do , in the proper order, to do that.
Doing small bolt-on mods isn't going to prepare you to swap in a new engine.

The A4 only has a 2 horsepower difference from the A1. There's nothing to be "done" about it. Some things have different part numbers so you just have to make sure you buy the right parts.

If you want to actually make the car go faster you're going to need all new exhaust, new internal parts for the engine, and adding a turbo or whatever requires a shitload of other parts that also cost money.

That is if you really want to dump money into a car that wasn't made to be upgraded. Call parts stores/websites that carry such things and ask them what you need. Or take it to a shop. If you can't do it yourself, pay a shop to do it for you. Don't forget to have the car tuned, which is even more money, after you put all that stuff on to get maximum gains...

Or you could spend the same amount of money and buy like, a Camaro or Mustang that has more stock HP than an Accord with a ton of modifications. It's your money though, do what you want. Look at the other build threads on here, maybe that'll explain what you're getting into.

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok -

Swapping to an a1 will gain you nothing

Swapping to parts from an a1 will gain you nothing

You can do bolt ons like header, intake, exhaust, bored out throttle body (send to max bore.com) yourself. Those are all relatively easy things to do with basic hand tools and a weekend.

StomoHonda

Reaction score
K20a swap

Ok I want to swAP my, f23a4 for the K20a FD2 in the future, is this easily,possible? I dont care about money nor time nor a response telling to get another car. I just want to know the straight up answer , in detail pleas thank you ;)

datechboss101

Reaction score
Re: K20a swap

Can't wait to see how you do this swap! I am also thinking about swapping my F23a1 and putting a K series motor in mine.

StomoHonda

Reaction score

I do want the k 24 as well , but has really no one put one in the accord is it cause its too much work or what?

capsidx

Reaction score

The only thing that stops anyone is the mounts. They have to be custom made but if you can weld
You’re solid. I know someone had the k24 in the cg engine bay but never finished. Wiring should be easy if you can read pinouts. Should be able to use a p28 or equivalent ecu with a base map.

Other than that I don’t see what it wouldn’t work. I went with an f20b over a k24 just for the price differences. Although I’m trading my cg for a dc2 integra, the k24 swap was my next project.

Back