In pursuit of renewing a set of front brake rotors

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Dear 6GA fellow members.

I have been trying to renew my front brake rotors for my '02 Accord V6 since almost 3 months ago, and I am really having some difficulties deciding whch brand to go with...

I've read the product review thread, searched the forum, googled, etc. but I just can't give myself a go sign to declare my choice..

Lately, my braking quality is becoming worse, and it is really time for me to take an action. Hence, I am hoping to accumulate your wisdoms if you could share with me.

---------------
In order to narrow down your wisdoms, here is my ideal spec of the rotors (higher priority listed from top to bottom):

1) OEM sized rotors that fit my stock 16' V6 wheels in case of an emergency / winter mode. (No plans for upgrading the brake calipers, but it might be in future.)

2) No moddification necessary to install.

3) Durable, and good corrosion resistant.

4) Very very quiet.

5) Meet / exceed OEM braking power.

6) Slotted, if not normal disk surface. (No drilled.)

7) Good looking. (I.e. black top hats.)
---------------

There was a time I almost chose EBC slotted -black disk surface- rotor, after visiting their website, but I held off myself. ←(Do you think this would meet my priorities?)

There are many kinds out there such as: Brembo, Power Slots, Power Stop, StopTech, Wilwood, Rotora, EBC, Wagner, etc. that fit my stock V6 rims, but I just can not determine which one of them meet my priorities listed above in that order..

If you can share your wisdoms with me, I'd be much appreciated. Please help me. My rotors are crying out for a help...

Sincerely,

Richard

EDIT: My intention for upgrading my rotors are due to the pulsation of my steering wheel at braking + no more disk thickness for a re-surfacing work. I am also intending to replace a set of brake pads as well.

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I always used Brembo blanks, currently have Centrics on the subaru (they have black tophats).

Also, if your brakes are wearing down, the rotors don't really make much of a difference, the pads do.

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Your first language must not be English lol. Your nest bet for cost, durability, and performance will be to go to tirerack.com and get a set of brembo blanks.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions guys. After some studies & debates on my own, I'm pretty much decided to go with Powerslot. Luv 6GA!

Back