How to display link to a page with your own wordings

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I thought this might help some of you guys.

-----------------------------------

Step1.  Copy the web address on your address bar that you want people to visit.

Step2.  Type in: "[u rl=" to start the code. ← (In a real way, you do not add a space between "u" and "r". I just had to separate them in order to display the code, without this whole sentense being an url.)

Step3.  Paste the address you've copied.

Step4.  Type in: "]" after the address you've pasted.

Step5.  Type your own wordings to describe the url.

Step6.  Type in: "[/url]" after your own wordings to close the code.

-----------------------------------
Here is an example:
[u rl=http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43782]Richard's 2002 SSM CG2 MR Thread[/url]
 ↑
 ↑
(NOTE: Again, I intentionally typed "[u rl" with a space between "u" and "r" in order to display this code for not becoming a link. In a real way, you do not add a space between "u" and "r".)

This will be handy, when you customize your own threads to make them neat & reader-friendly.

You can also change fonts, sizes, and colors in Step5.

Hope this helps some of you.

Sticky worthy??

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Thirsty for a stickey? :lawl:

Good advice, most people don't know this. But I wouldn't say stickey worthy, an easily Googlable topic. But, I'm not a mod so its not my prerogative.

dbang

Reaction score
Hey good thread very clear for people who don't know how to do this,
i think i may have been the one to inspire you to make this thread?
The thing is new members cannot post urls within 10 days which is why my posts have h.t.t.p://w.w.w lol

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
I learned how to do this back in HS. Then forgot and have been trying to remember haha. Thank youuuj

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Thirsty for a stickey? :lawl:

Good advice, most people don't know this. But I wouldn't say stickey worthy, an easily Googlable topic. But, I'm not a mod so its not my prerogative.
Haha I wasn't really thirsty for it tho. ← Does it make me good anyhow??

Sometimes I forget to type the code properly, so being this thread stickied on top would help people imo.

Hey good thread very clear for people who don't know how to do this,
i think i may have been the one to inspire you to make this thread?
The thing is new members cannot post urls within 10 days which is why my posts have h.t.t.p://w.w.w lol
Lol. You weren't exactly my inspiration, but I've seen some others' threads w/o their codes and I thought this could be a bid of a help.

Very helpful I never knew how to do this.
Glad I helped you out, sir. :boink:

I learned how to do this back in HS. Then forgot and have been trying to remember haha. Thank youuuj
In high school?? Really? How old are you? lol. When I forget, I always go to my "Edit Signiture" page and copy 'n paste the code. Glad this helps you, and you're certainly welcome. ;)

----------------

Well, obviously some members, including long-time-members, see this thread as helpful. :)

Dear mods,

Sticky??

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
In high school?? Really? How old are you? lol. When I forget, I always go to my "Edit Signiture" page and copy 'n paste the code. Glad this helps you, and you're certainly welcome. ;)

I'll be 20 in a week or so. But yea in web design class learned a lot of this. Forgot most of it haha

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I'll be 20 in a week or so. But yea in web design class learned a lot of this. Forgot most of it haha
Huh. For some reasons, I thought you were older than that lol. ← No particular reasons. Don't mean you look old or anything tho lol.

Back