A huge aftermarket auto parts store in Japan: Autobacs

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
I'm guessing women run Japan's marketing.... A **** ton of products in Japan and imported here have bright colored wrappers.... Lots of pinks/yellows/greens. :jae:

Cool store. It really wouldn't serve a purpose here in the US to have a store like this since most people but stuff online anyways.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
there used to be one in socal orange county to be specific it went bust after a year then they renamed it super autotoyz and that went bust too
reason is their services were too expensive parts were too expensive especialy in socal aka rice central were ebay quality products rule the market

EDIT
http://www.yelp.com/biz/super-autobacs-stanton
I think I remember seeing one of DrOwZee's pics on his MR thread, and his car was at somewhere infront of the big store for auto parts. That could be it. It's sad to see any shops going out b/c of the internet business. There were a few places in my town until around the year 2000, but they're all gone as well. I'm sure it's easy & cheap to get some stuff online, but I'd rather drag my a$$ to a store and see their items for myself before I buy.

O:boink:
I bet they g2 mop the floors pretty often :boink: :eusa_drool:

Btw That looks amazing I'm jelly
Haha. I guess ppl out there at the store are regulars tho. We would be the one to mess up the floor pretty bad, since we're visitors lol.

Some of the stuff looks like ebay quality, and then you have the better quality stuff in the store as well.....kind of like Walmart.

In for more pics, Richard. Thanks for sharing.
Yes, indeed. They literally sell pretty much from A ~ Z. These pics are the best ones I could take, because ppl are not allowed to take pics in the store. :( You're welcome btw.

Wish I could go into something like that. Kicks the shit out of autozone or something.
Well, now you know that there are these kind shops out there tho. You know where to go & you WILL go sometime in future. ;) Assuming that you're a student, choosing Japan for your graduation trip might be an idea. :)

What's the skinny on bringing stuff back here? Do you just buy an extra suitcase(or two) and fill it with car parts and fly that **** back? :lawl:
So far, we have 2 big suit cases with us, and I suppose my stuff is still packable at this point. If not, I'd have to borrow one from my parents-in-law lol.

Richard, I don't know whereabouts you're staying and if you know of a store called 'UP Garage', but their store looks huge from the videos I've seen. Maybe you could find out and check it out? All quality used parts there and my god they are cheap :deal:
Thanks, Alex. Yes, I've seen these shops before, but they're unfortunately located by places that you can only drive up, meaning not being near by train stations... Same as Autobacs, but luckily this store is located right infront of the train station, so I could go by myself.

Holy crap. Why can't we have that...it is...a wonderland...

More pics!
Yeah, right? I'm sure you'll spend more than a day going there.

I know~... I wanted to take more pics...

Now I'm mad. :lawl:
Haha. You will be happy once again, when you complete that DIY project of yours lol.

hhhmmmm. japan how we love to be there
Yep yep. Some Autobac stores are available for the purchase over 10000 Yen ($100) to be duty-free for foreigners. You will even love it more, if you can have it tax-free.

I'm guessing women run Japan's marketing.... A **** ton of products in Japan and imported here have bright colored wrappers.... Lots of pinks/yellows/greens. :jae:

Cool store. It really wouldn't serve a purpose here in the US to have a store like this since most people but stuff online anyways.
You might be right. Cute looking signs and girly hand-written signs were everywhere in this store.

Exactly. This is why going to these stores in Japan is one of those must-go-places for all of us, when we visit. :)

-----------------------
Now, y'all know where to go in the first place, when visiting Japan. It's not a Sushi restaurant, Tokyo Tower, Mount Fuji, or anything. It's Autobacs!

Since some of you have requested for more pics, this is becoming a big reason to convice my wife that I'll go to the store again lol. (I went there once w/ my wife, and once again next day by myself as soon as the store opened lol.)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If there was a store like this here, and they had stuff I wanted, I'd go. I hate ordering crap online because I can't see it in person and I have to wait to get it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Ok, so we have the in-store pics, Richard, so, in for pics of some of the locals cars that many of us can't wait to import to NA!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
tokyo bay eh? i've passed by the one in yokohama, but never bothered to go in :jae:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
If there was a store like this here, and they had stuff I wanted, I'd go. I hate ordering crap online because I can't see it in person and I have to wait to get it.
Yep. Same with me here.

Oh man that is awsome! Thanks for posting pics man
You're welcome, James!

Def need something like that where I live.
I hear ya. Same in WA, where I live. My visit to this store was a looong awaiting plan.

Ok, so we have the in-store pics, Richard, so, in for pics of some of the locals cars that many of us can't wait to import to NA!
OK. These are the ones I was able to take, while I was at the store today. (Yes, I went there AGAIN lol.)

I'm sure many of us can't wait for this to come in.
IMAG1390_zps47ed8155.jpg

Not sure if you've seen this before. Anyways, this is "Toyota Crown -Majesta-". It's pretty much equivalent to Lexus ES (specwise IIRC.)
IMAG1391_zps84b8dd75.jpg

tokyo bay eh? i've passed by the one in yokohama, but never bothered to go in :jae:
Yep, this one seems to be the only one that's visitor-friendly (foreigner-friendly), who don't have cars. Takes only 20 min by trains from Ikebukuro.

----------------------------
For those of you who requested for more pics of the store, here are some more pics I took today. And, yes I went there again today lol.

IMAG1383_zpsa2edf0a0.jpg

IMAG1384_zps06938136.jpg

IMAG1385_zpsd81f4009.jpg

IMAG1386_zpsa82edf00.jpg

IMAG1387_zps90b5bdac.jpg

IMAG1388_zps2593680f.jpg

IMAG1389_zps5994d0ba.jpg

Well, I guess that's it, and I don't think I'll go there again while my stay in Japan this time. Going there for 3 days --4hrs / day-- was certainly good enough. I feel like I know where things are at the store better than some of their employees lol.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I spy LED tails, I don't suppose any of those were for the 8th Gen sedan, or are they all aftermarket?

The Majesta back end remind me of something else, maybe the Jaguar XJ sedan, a bit?

hahaha....sounds like you definitely got your fill of that store.

What's next on the tourist agenda for you all?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It’s so nice seeing legit parts in a walk-in auto store. Like seeing Rays wheels on a shelf. Just. Freakin. Sick.

I am so jealous we don’t have more legit auto parts stores. Summit and Jegs are alright, but not as cool as this.

The Majesta back end remind me of something else, maybe the Jaguar XJ sedan, a bit?

Reminds me of the last gen Olds Aurora haha.

Back