suspension noise

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
The guy I bought them from said they were skunk2's. Every thing is tight. I'm 22 inches or 21 fender to the ground. But this morning I was sitting in My drive way and I turned the wheel and it was squeaking from the front left. Then I started driving and itdidnt make a squeaking noise like it was last night when I was driving driving

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
The guy I bought them from said they were skunk2's. Every thing is tight. I'm 22 inches or 21 fender to the ground. But this morning I was sitting in My drive way and I turned the wheel and it was squeaking from the front left. Then I started driving and itdidnt make a squeaking noise like it was last night when I was driving driving

Did you check your wheel bearings? Also are you wheels rubber the fender liners?

sikjdm

Reaction score
stay on topic..

get a friend to shake the car up and down while you stay down and watch the suspension do it's thing. try to see if there is any noise that way and if you can pinpoint it out..

SykVSyx

Reaction score
First of all, push on each corner of your car and see which corner you hear the noise from. Then raise the car up, either on a hoist or on jackstands*do not get under the car with just a jack holding it up*.
Check your ball joints for play(can be done by grabbing the wheel at 12/6 and checking for play up-down and then grab the wheel at 9/3 and check for play side to side). Get a flash light and look at your strut/shock/damper. Is there fluid/oil leaking out from the area where the shaft enters the body/housing? If yes you might have a blown damper. If not grab a socket set and a wrench and check if any of the 5 nuts that hold the strut/shock/damper in place in your strut tower. In addition also check your swaybar endlinks and bushings and brackets for play and extra movement.

Thread could have been ended right here.

To the OP, try this first, and then if you are still hearing the noise, I think it may be time to pull the suspension apart, and look in to some replacements.

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
i found out the problem. it was a piece of metal lodged in in my shock. super awkward. it was hitting the frame and it was making a scratching noise. i couldnt belive it made it up there :eekwtf:

Back