MEGAN RACING COILOVER SLEEVE good?

kn106518

Reaction score
ok i would like to have you guys opinion on this. I recently bought TOkico Shock Illumina for my Honda accord 99 4dr. Now, I always wanted coilover sleeve instead of the springs cause i want the height adjustment.

I look around and most of everyone use either GROUND CONTROL or SKUNK 2. But what about this Megan Coilover Sleeve
http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=48&catid=59

now, i always wonder how STIFF is the spring rate at 450lb/ft front and 350lb/ft rear?

All opinions are appriciated. :Starwars:

ccordex00

Reaction score
I haven't hear anything bad about megan....I would go with something else...or save some dough and get some coilovers

kn106518

Reaction score
ah i see, most people seem to use Skunk 2, hmmm, guess i have to save some money then, or at least buy them use if i can find it.

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
i thought the Skunk2 was stiffer than the megans ?

a lot of people said skunk2 was harsh ?

i am also in the process of buying the megan coilover sleeves, mainly because of the price, but are you saying they will evenually fail ? I did not hear many complaints about them.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would go with ground control. thats my opinion. but if i were u, i would sell ur shocks and save up for full coilovers. i waited 6 months and im finally buying full coilovers. =P

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
as i stated in my review in the link i posted above, i felt that the skunks were softer then the megans.

though, through some research, it shows that the fronts on the skunks are alot stiffer (spring rate wise) then the megans, but theyre slightly softer in the rear (agian, spring rate wise).

skunk2's are front: 10kg/mm (558.8lbs/in) rear: 6kg/mm (335.28)
megan's are front: 450 lbs/in rear: 350lbs/in

tho, i says lbs/ft on megans site, where i got the numbers, but i think thats a typo.

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
ground control + koni yellows (very good combo; a lot of my friends recommend it)

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
^that's full coilover money right there ?

might as well buy the F2 Type 1 coilovers for that price....

nexTOme

Reaction score
nothing beats GC + koni yellows in performance

Back