Tranny dip stick

Neight

Reaction score
I've been driving around for a week and realized that I had my tranny dip stick not in its right place. I opened my hood and i just saw it sittin between the hood and grill. and it is all becasue this ****ing shop . Those same bastard who ****ing left their tools under my hood. Anyways, to check the auto tranny fludi does the car have to be running?

Neight

Reaction score
I just hope that my tranny fluid did not get dirty becasue the cap was ot on for an entire week. All this becasue I told them I did not want to pay 65 dollars to have my tranny fluid drained and refilled. I can do that myself. Those bastards. I will never take my car back to those Fag-nuts ever again. They leave s**t under you hood and misplace other things.

acrod99

Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
I always thought that you had to have the car on and in Neutral. :confused:
GM's and most every other company-check when running in park
Daimler Chryslers-check running in neutral
Honda-check when off

Hailee91969

Reaction score
Good one

This is acctually a good idea, but I cant go along with it.. I'll PM you with my idea. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i think the Haynes manual tells you to let the car run for a minute and then turn it off and then check it.

RTK

Reaction score
sorry for reviving an old thread but does anyone have a picture of where the ATF dipstick is?

Back