AV6 transmission help!!

atvfreak19902

Reaction score
ok, i looked into the swap for the 6 speed. i cant afford it. at all. :sad: and no one around here wants to do it. :sad: SO... what are my options for the autotragic? are there better clutch packs? shift kits? etc?? help please... looking to get it back on the road by spring.

thanks in advance!!

- Spencer

atvfreak19902

Reaction score
who sells one for the accord? and anyone else have some suggestions? i talked to dr. evil transmissions and its going to cost me close to 3000 for them to do it. and my mechanic told me he'd do it for 1100 if he doesnt have to touch the valve body... any suggestions?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
if you send your craptastic auto to dr. evil to get built, your an idiot because a 6speed swap is much much less. and dr evil trannys dont live forever either.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Plus apparently a Dr. Evil tranny makes it feel like "your engine wants to jump out of your car" every time it shifts... from what I've heard. My entire 6 speed swap costed under 3k with a shop doing it, and the special wiring harness from richie. Without the harness and on your own, you could do it for under 2000 easy. I don't know your skill level.

Edit: What can you do? I don't think there are any "upgrades" for the auto tranny other than putting a cooler on it. You can just get yours rebuilt or put a new auto one in... but it'll probably fail. Apparently a tranny cooler makes it survive longer though.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What tranny did you price to do the swap? CL-S? If so doing it with a 7/7.5gen accord 6spd is cheaper and easier in terms of parts/labor from what I've read. That's what Hunter did. I'd look into that if you've not already done so.

Back