Alarm problem

1998Accord

Reaction score
I dont have the beeper to the car, and locked the keys in the car. was able to open the car but now the alarm keeps going off when i open it with the keys. How can I reset the alarm?

1998Accord

Reaction score
already did but once i try and connect it, the alarm just turns back on

Bax

Reaction score
One of my ex girlfriends had an alarm on her car (99 or 00 accord, can't remember), and i accidentally set it off one day. But it went off on its own after about 5 mins.
Is yours just constantly going off??

1998Accord

Reaction score
it turns off about 5 mins later but then the next time I go to get into it later on it turns back on.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
mine did this when i unlocked the car from the inside one day.. i just closed the door, locked it with the key in the door, then it went off, i unlcoked it from outside with key to get in and it was fine. i have 98 sedan ex

ActNow

Reaction score

Insert the ignition key in the Accord's driver-side door lock.

Turn the key to the unlock position.

Turn the key to the lock position.

Turn the key back to the unlock position. The alarm should now be disabled.

Start your Honda Accord's engine and allow the vehicle to run for at least 10 minutes. This will allow the Accord to reset the alarm. When you're done, you can shut off the Accord and arm the system as usual.

Read more: How to Reset My Honda Accord Anti-Theft After Changing a Battery | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5978795_reset-anti_theft-after-changing-battery.html#ixzz1UHcjpgcG

1998Accord

Reaction score
no go cuz when i connect the battery back the alarms still going off so it doesnt reset

ActNow

Reaction score
ok well follow this link it may help you figure out a way to reset it or disable it.

Btw I'm google searching all this info. Something you could have tried. Just letting you know....

Last edited:
Back