Squeaking help..

metrick1235

Reaction score
ok, so i have a set of new struts and shocks on the front end (2 months on them) maybe 1500 miles. The passenger side one is now squeaking at low speeds (0-30ish) and cant tell if it goes away at highway speeds because of road noise.. anything i can check for without having to take the entire thing apart.. if i push on the front end it will squeak.. Its only on the passenger side. Car sits right and drives normal. Bumps are normal also...

001Stunna

Reaction score
take the car to the coinop and spray down the suspension, follow it by spraying some silicone lube on the spring seats, does it still happen???
a friends car was doing the same thing this past week(he's on tein basics coilovers), sprayed down the spring seats with some silicone spray and squeak gone.

If it still happens i'd start by checking the usuals for play or torn bushings (tie rods, ball joints), upper control arm bushings(you can shoot these with some silicone lube too to test).

metrick1235

Reaction score
take the car to the coinop and spray down the suspension, follow it by spraying some silicone lube on the spring seats, does it still happen???
a friends car was doing the same thing this past week(he's on tein basics coilovers), sprayed down the spring seats with some silicone spray and squeak gone.

If it still happens i'd start by checking the usuals for play or torn bushings (tie rods, ball joints), upper control arm bushings(you can shoot these with some silicone lube too to test).

Thank you this was my issue.. i was really getting pissed at it...when pushing on the front end i can feel it rubbing on the bushing on the inside while putting my hand on the upper control arm, can feel a little vibration.... is this something that is a "need now" replacement or can it wait for a few weeks.. doent pull or feel odd while driving just a really annoying squeak.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Thank you this was my issue.. i was really getting pissed at it...when pushing on the front end i can feel it rubbing on the bushing on the inside while putting my hand on the upper control arm, can feel a little vibration.... is this something that is a "need now" replacement or can it wait for a few weeks.. doent pull or feel odd while driving just a really annoying squeak.

Is it urgent, probably not that much, but personally I don't like to leave suspension parts for too long before replacing them.

metrick1235

Reaction score
Is it urgent, probably not that much, but personally I don't like to leave suspension parts for too long before replacing them.

I dont either just guess making sure it could wait till friday to order because im a broke man until friday haha

001Stunna

Reaction score
I dont either just guess making sure it could wait till friday to order because im a broke man until friday haha

I'm sure you could push it for even a month or so.
When you do get the new one, keep in mind lubrication/silicone is your friend. I've just been making it a habit that everytime i wash the car(once a week) to spray down with some silicone lube all bushings etc.

Back