Rear Struts Removal Help

nguyenmn55127

Reaction score
I have a 00 coupe and am trying to remove my rear struts and I have removed the two bolts from the rear dash by the speaker, bolt in the trunk, and bolt on the bottom of the strut but I can't seem to take out the strut. Help please!

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
I have a 00 coupe and am trying to remove my rear struts and I have removed the two bolts from the rear dash by the speaker, bolt in the trunk, and bolt on the bottom of the strut but I can't seem to take out the strut. Help please!

either compress the spring with a spring compressor or have some one stand on the brakes. i did the 2nd one and broke one of my endlinks. 1st one would have been much easier but all the autopart stores were closed

nguyenmn55127

Reaction score
either compress the spring with a spring compressor or have some one stand on the brakes. i did the 2nd one and broke one of my endlinks. 1st one would have been much easier but all the autopart stores were closed

how did you break one of your endlinks? and how much did it cost you to replace?

nguyenmn55127

Reaction score
I have a compressor and have used it for the fronts, but I removed the struts then compressed them and removed the stock spring.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Same here, I broke one because they are cheap plastic ones (inside) went to Advance Auto and bought Moog ones, worth every penny.

As for removal, I had to remove sway bar and endlinks completely to get easy access to removing both rear shocks.

ShaGGy21

Reaction score
you can put a metal bar and wedge it over the brakes and under the body of the car. Have someone push down on it thus lowering the whole brake assembly and allowing you to tug on the strut and it should come down pretty easy. Thats what I had to do.

Back