car wont start,AEM EMS installed

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I have not had a chance to mess with the car.but I changed those 2 inputs you mentioned above on the laptop and saved a new file,see if that does anything.
But is RPM and engine speed different? because the RPM says like 9xx..and engine speed was 2xxx..causing the tach to read 2xxx. just curious.because the day the ECU died the cars idle jumped to 2xxx after about 2 red lights worth of driving.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
I have not had a chance to mess with the car.but I changed those 2 inputs you mentioned above on the laptop and saved a new file,see if that does anything.
But is RPM and engine speed different? because the RPM says like 9xx..and engine speed was 2xxx..causing the tach to read 2xxx. just curious.because the day the ECU died the cars idle jumped to 2xxx after about 2 red lights worth of driving.

No, they are basically the same thing. Engine speed is based off of the RPM's.

You'll want to change the engine speed and that should bring your idle down to where you want it. Try that out and let us know how it goes.... if it doesn't work we can take it from there.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Well, that's your options as far as RPM's is where you change it as it is the same thing. Sorry i'm being a little confusing as I am still learning myself the differences between AEMTuner and AEMPro.....

Specifically in the Options - Idle Trims so that your EMS knows how far to offset the high idle and when to turn on the off-set so it can compensate.

The other thing is adjusting the idle Target Base so it is lower on the graph on the upper right hand corner.

The last thing is to lower the RPM at Idle FB below RPM.

I would imagine those would fix it.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
nothing is working.basically changed everything to almost 0 and car still slowly rises to 2xxx RPM after warmed up.

akoutmos

Reaction score
I'll take a look at the tune today. Sorry for not being able to look at it yesterday. Between grad classes and full time work, my life outside of those two is non-existent :(.

I'll have a gander at the tune tonight. I'll work on the tune that you sent me that was prior to zeroing out all the idle correction stuff. That way, when the problem is located, your car won't die out every time it tries to idle.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
No,its still bogging under WOT in 1st gear and idles at 2300 still. and leaking something still.

Shop wanted me to come thursday/friday but I couldnt make it. :(

akoutmos

Reaction score
If you were near by i would come by and help ya out. But georgia is a bit of a hike from here :/

Back