help misfires on idle and drives like crap

slapaglia28

Reaction score
98 accord ex coupe f23a1 5 speed

Ok so to try nd explain my problem i was getting bad gas mileage cause i had p0457 which is Emission Control System Leak which aint nothing but for emmissions but now it idles like crap and loss of accelration i have misfires on 4 and 3 so i changed the plugs again on 3 and 4 which ill explain here in a second. But today i did oil change and hit with the scanner it told me misfires on 3 and 1 now. It makes no sense after everything ive done to it nd its making me mad. i've done plugs and wires, new dizzy, new alternator, put a rebuilt head on it with head gasket new head studs exhaust mani gasket, intake mani gasket everything torqued to spec did the valve lash adjustment back to spec. Also did water pump, timing belt, tensioner pulley, new vtec solenoid, new iacv also checked to see if my egr valve was bad cleaned it nd touched it to power to make sure it opened and closed. cleaned out the egr channels as well. This misfire bs just started i did all this stuff about 2 months ago and has been running like a champ

I know my rings are bad i burn oil but like maybe a week or so depending on how im driving to where i have to put about 2 qts of oil in

dawg316

Reaction score
is the missfire only felt on idle then gose away while driving or giving it RPM ?

also dose your scanner have the ability to show live data ?

slapaglia28

Reaction score
Its at idle and whlie accelerating up to like 3k nd loss of power as well and ya its a snap on scanner i didnt have time to look at the data charts i just checked it real quick was pressed for time

dawg316

Reaction score
flashing usualy means you should get it fixed ASAP leave a missfire problems occur for long you WILL melt a cat and plug the exhaust.

is the miss occuring throughout the whole rev range or do u find it mostly at the lower RPM ?

take your scanner to live data look at the short term fuel and the long term fuel trims and compare the numbers.

are the numbers getting worse when you snap throtal / rev it or do they seem to get better ?

Back