Shifter Cable!!

SupraGuy

Reaction score
17805bd02072dc474244e51fef4bc220.jpg

This thing?

Yes, that thing. Look on the right of the cylinder. There's a place where the metal line attaches to it, and beside that, there's a small nut with a knob on it. The knob has a small hole in the centre. That's the bleeder fitting.

phi1542

Reaction score
Yeah this is a lost cause. Spent an hour tryng to get to it and just gave up. I just sucked out the fluid, put new one in, drove around and repeated. Just gonna do it till it's clear. The car seems to drive a lot smoother especially in first and second gear where it's usually rough. But at high rpm 3rd gear still makes that grinding noise. Not sure about 5th yet. Haven't heard the noise there yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

604ACCORD

Reaction score
wtf!!! come on now!! that did nothing but pretty up your reservoir. You have to open the bleeder screw and let it all drain out. Then pour new fluid in the res (with bleeder still open) make sure u keep it topped up once you get steady fluid pouring out the bleeder close it and do the process for bleeding

phi1542

Reaction score
wtf!!! come on now!! that did nothing but pretty up your reservoir. You have to open the bleeder screw and let it all drain out. Then pour new fluid in the res (with bleeder still open) make sure u keep it topped up once you get steady fluid pouring out the bleeder close it and do the process for bleeding

You've got to bleed the fluid through the system. Sucking it out of the reservoir and refilling won't get air out of the line.
Alright haha you right. Doing that didn't really help much. At first I thought it did but not really lol I'll try again when I replace my RSB end links. Any advice on how to get the tube on the bleeder? Super tight spot. The bottom bolt that attaches that black bracket to the motor mount is impossible to get off so I'm having trouble taking it off so I can get to the bleeder

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SupraGuy

Reaction score
10mm open end wrench, and try as many different angles as you can. It almost looks like you could try a 1/4" deep socket with a couple of u joints to get the first bit loose. (I did that to get mine moving, and then again to finally tighten it)

Back