RR's '99 coupe EX-L

Varnell

Reaction score
Clean as ever. Strange seeing it without the Works.

Wasn't it your car that went through the bird version of D-Day a year or two ago?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thank you. Yea I miss the fitment of the Works but not cleaning them.

Haha yes it was the victim of a vicious hate crime. Neverforget. :lawl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Rotora BBK finally let go, rotors cracked clean through. They had a good run, bought the kit used in 2010. Factory front brakes are back on now, car lost a little flair sadly.

20180906_175301 by C B, on Flickr

Sucks because the calipers are still good, and pads are still available I think. It's the rotor that is the problem, I have searched high and low for a solution but nothing has materialized. I might try spacing them since they are 2pc and see if the 350Z rotors people are using with the RL Brembo's might work. But for now, stuck with these nice paperweights.

20180908_132147 by C B, on Flickr\

Otherwise this car is still going strong at 209k miles. Recharged the A/C recently and one of the front sway endlinks broke so I have some Moogs to replace them with. Climate control unit is faulty I think, sometimes I can only get cool or hot air depending on its mood. Swap is still fun and problem free at 117k miles. Clearcoat failure is happening in a few areas, wish I had money sitting around to get the body restored fully.

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Sad to hear about the BBK, but 8 years out of a used kit is not bad lol. As for the climate control controls, I have a spare 01-02, since I believe you swapped to 01-02. If you didnt, I have 98-00 ones too. If you want one, text me.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Might take you up on the 01-02. Trying to remember if I can just plug in the 98-00 to make sure that is actually the problem.

cg4ever

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

^Hmm I had to do that on the passenger side but driver side was plug n play. Anyway here is a photo with AUTO lit up (on the 98-00 switch I think it is just printed), I don't have the PFM switch wired yet.

temporary_59.jpg

I like that polished knobs match the pull handle and the CL window strip, and I think it helps the interior look/feel more upscale personally. But between the 'H' and the trim ring in a square recess, I can't quite say I love it. So I think I am going to keep looking for something else, really what I'd like is a chrome/polished knob similar in size/shape to OEM. But aftermarket companies always have to overdo everything. :rolleyes:

is the switch always stay lit up even if your headlights are off ? Because our 6th gen didn't came with a illuminated switch so my guess is that our harness don't have that extra wire that make the switch lit up when turning on the headlights, i'm wrong ?

Back